Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

6r4ff3r

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2014
Let me repeat again this thing: iPad Mini doesn't fit in my jeans pockets, unless you're using some JNCO's from late 90's. iPod touch FITS!!!

I'm still happy with my touch 4gen with my daily apps, but 256 Mb of RAM are short enough to make some regular crashes in some apps.

SO I NEED A NEW TOUCH!!!

PS: An cheap iPhone is a alternative, but i only need wifi and gsm....

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Somehow a couple of months prior to the iPod Classic being discontinued, I was lucky enough to order a silver and black 160GB custom engraved. Quite pleased I did at the time, as they're now extinct, or going for a lot more on eBay.

Really can't see them bringing out a new Classic again, though I wish they would. The Touch is where it's at - those things need updating, even if they think it isn't worth it. Teenagers and kids will order those things in a heartbeat. And no, it's not the same as an iPhone 6C or 5C. If they kill the iPod Touch market, then they're going to lose a gateway-product.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I, to be honest, am a core local storage fan. I now have over 8TB of various media stored in my more than 6 HDDS, all are downloaded for internet, of course.

Never forget that internet is NOT a safe case. Everything stored on the internet will eventually disappear at last, sooner or later.

I don't have such a huge library as others have. But I will try to make it, when I am free from my work.

I don't care whether apple will refresh iPod line or not, because I will definitely buy a new iPhone with the top capacity option, and use iPhone to listen to music. In fact, that is what I am doing now, when replying this post.

What I hate most on streaming service is when internet is offline, streaming service is definitely a piece of J**K. I don't want to blame why more and more students rely on online service to provide contents, but I will not switch to pure online service as long as I am still alive. No matter what kind of online music service apple will release, I will NOT buy it, never.

Everyone has their own choice to live. I saw an ad slogan saying "everyone has only one live, so live with style." I cannot agree with this any more.

rjalda100

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
I'm honestly hoping there is. I currently use a 3rd gen nano which works great but is starting to show its age... never been a fan of using the iPhone for music.

Reactions: orbital~debris

g33k

macrumors member
May 12, 2015
The iPod is a dying breed and a product that less and less people have a need for. Apple should cut down the iPod line to just one device (maybe an iPod Classic-esque thing), available in a plethora of capacities - simply named 'iPod'. The fact is, some people just want an MP3 player, so give them that option. There just doesn't need to be quite so many choices anymore.

----------

I heard the Apple Watch was capable of storing music onboard as well as being a slave to the iPhone. How does this work and how much song capacity does one get?
2GB of music, so pretty much an iPod Shuffle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.