Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
If Apple does not release best of class 4K video recording with features that current Android phones with 4k do not have in this next refresh then they are in a death spiral.

Sorry but they need to not only catchup but leapfrog if they want to stay in the race.

I bought the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S and iPhone 6plus.

I am serious considering the next iteration of Samsung Galaxy phones or a Sony Xperia device as my next phone if Apple does not get their stuff together.

They say that the best camera to capture photos and video is the one you have with you but if the phone you have does not do 4k video while the competition does and if the competition has better Megapixels and overall quality, how does that make you feel? I do not want to lug around a separate 4k camera and downscaled 4k to 1080 video in Finalcut often looks better than native 1080 video.

Last edited:

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
manipulation.
he is trying to pump up the stock before the event.
he will sell many shares that he currently owns just before the event at higher prices.
he will buy shares after the event again when the stock dips, as it always does.

Right, because that would just be so perfectly legal and so easy for someone in his position to pull off without getting in any trouble whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
"... It is worth noting that Kuo has sometimes been off with his launch timing predictions in the past. "

So, u reckon this may be one of those times then :apple:

How many mics does a phone need anyway ? isn't one one enough ?

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The release announcement depends on when the iOS9 comes out of Beta. Could be August 25th at the earliest. Still looks like early September though.

With AT&T, you become eligible to upgrade after 24 months now. So, if it isn't early September(7-8, I think), I won't be able to order in the first wave. which will probably push my order to October timeframe. Damn you AT&T.

You won't be able to get a discounted iPhone with a 2 year contract through Apple anymore. It makes me wonder if this is just AT&T's first step to eliminate two year contracts all together. I wonder if Verizon is next.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/05/21/apple-att-drop-two-year-contracts/

whatos

macrumors 6502a
Great news if true.

So true, I'm so eager to dump my iPhone 6 Plus. The one iPhone that Apple failed to properly sort out and debug. Oh sure the deniers will claim theirs is perfect. I don't doubt that either because Apples quality and consistency has been in decline.

In the case of this, my second Apple provided replacement for phones they identified as defective, yet it's still the king of crashes, hangs, and other inconsistencies.

One of many things that I love about Apple is if it's a dud, in a matter of months I can dump it. The second great thing is they generally always improve the "S" series models #

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
So essentially, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has predicted that Apple will stick to its traditional iPhone update cycle.

Groundbreaking.

Wait...
Traditional?
Remind me again, when did Apple unveil the new iPhone of August?

That's what I thought.

macaron95

macrumors regular
May 5, 2014
Ming Chi Kuo is predicting nothing :rolleyes:

Apple releases a new iPhone every year

this guy is a fraud and MR is always relying on his BS rumors :rolleyes:

62tele

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
All of the references to the 6s release mimicking the Watch launch are silly. The Watch was an unusual product with so many different configurations, options etc.

As for incremental updates, it will still be the best phone on the market without the gimmicks of the Galaxy S6 Edge. Honestly, I checked the "next big thing" at BestBuy shopping for something else and was to rally underwhelmed by the Edge. It's not quite as elegant or sleek in person.

I'm not on the S cycle so it just doesn't matter and the iPhone 6 is more than enough gear to last 2 or 3 more years if necessary. It's going to eventually become less compelling to upgrade phones as often as is currently done.

pizzabun

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2015
Apple also released the iPhone 3G on July 11th.

Perhaps this year the calendar is a bit off, they've changed their back to school promotion—who knows.

If they announce it in August then it would probably be the 25th with release on September 4th.

Yep, i have a feeling this year is going to be the big one guys ;)

srgz

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
To everyone that thinks Ming is a man. She is a WOMAN. Please change "he" to "she" when referring to her.
Here is a picture of her!!
Ming-Chi-Kuo.jpg

That's not KGI's Ming-Chi Kuo. Ming-Chi is male.
http://www.cultofmac.com/273923/ming-chi-kuo/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.