Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
Really not sure which one to get!

Currently have a Shumuri Slim on my iPhone 6, but its starting to become loose.

So I'm now trying to decide between the Shumuri Slim Extra and the Veil XT

Hmmmm[/QUOTE}

I've had the Shumuri Slim Extra since February, and it has become loose by the volume buttons. I think this will happen with all of these cases eventually.

Yh there does seem to be a trend with these cases becoming loose.

My current Shumuri Slim is loose in the 2 left hand corners. Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm left handed and use my phone in my left hand.

Decided to go with the Caudabe in the end. That way i can see which one lasts me longer.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I've been using the Shumuri Slim on my iPhone 6 from Sept. 2014 and it is still in great condition.

madanagopal

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2014
Shumuri Slim Case - iPhone 6

I got a ocean blue 6+ slim extra case and within a week the volume side and power button side started to bulge. Even the replacement has issues.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I've been using the Shumuri Slim on my iPhone 6 from Sept. 2014 and it is still in great condition.

That's incredible and very lucky! I've had 2 frost and 2 ocean blue (got a replacement of each from Shumuri) and none of them lasted more than 2 weeks without becoming loose or deformed by the volume buttons. My first frost was loose from the beginning and my first ocean blue's cut-outs were not lined up well at all plus that case scratched up so easily. Second frost got deformed in about a week and half by the volume buttons and second ocean blue was loose on the phone straight out of the box.

I've had no better luck with the Caudabe XT. That and the replacement I got both had the same issues by the volume buttons :(

Last edited:

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
I received my shumuri extra slim in blue last week, and it was warped and loos from the top two corners. Much worse at the top right corner, and if I press the case towards my phone so it's flush then the power button part bows out. Customer service was great and they sent me a replacement right away but the replacement has the exact same issue. Caudabe veil is much better. I only wish I didn't waste ~$20 on the shumuri for the blue color days before caudabe came out with the blue color.

Mactaculious

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
I received my shumuri extra slim in blue last week, and it was warped and loos from the top two corners. Much worse at the top right corner, and if I press the case towards my phone so it's flush then the power button part bows out. Customer service was great and they sent me a replacement right away but the replacement has the exact same issue. Caudabe veil is much better. I only wish I didn't waste ~$20 on the shumuri for the blue color days before caudabe came out with the blue color.

I have the Veil XT for the iPhone 6 Plus and I can say the durability is next to nil especially on the bottom around the headphone jack around. Love the thinness but it's durability is next to rice paper.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
It's weird that you guys are experiencing these issues on brand new cases while I've had mine for almost a year now and is still like new. No loose corners or any other issues whatsoever. Do you keep removing the cases and putting them back on or something? :confused:

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
I have the Veil XT for the iPhone 6 Plus and I can say the durability is next to nil especially on the bottom around the headphone jack around. Love the thinness but it's durability is next to rice paper.
And now the third shumuri arrived and is a little better, just a tad crooked from the power button up. I have a veil xt in smoke and that one fit perfectly but scratched way too easily. I ended up getting a skin and now my phone looks matte black.

bigsid05

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
I picked up a Shumuri Smoothie and love it. Had the Caudabe Veil previously which I hated due to the cheap feel and flimsiness. It also started loosening after a few weeks of use so I understand what Shumuri Slim users are going through. The Smoothie is marginally thicker than the Veil/Slim and doesn't protect the top/bottom like those do but has a nice soft touch finish and just a little bit more rigidity which likely ensures it won't loosen. It reminds of the old soft-touch Incase Snap case I had for my iPhone 4 back in the day, but it's quite a bit thinner.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I received a replacement Slim Extra about 4 weeks ago and today I dropped the phone at the supermarket and the case cracked from the mute switch up to the front facing camera. Funny enough, that's the location where both cases that I had became loose and bulged. I think I'm done with this style of cases for now. It's my fault for dropping the phone, but I didn't expect it to crack I guess.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I took my own steps to remove the bulging part alongside the volume buttons, which were annoying me.. I simply cut them off, manicured the edges and it now looks like it was meant to be this way, with no issues.
Slim Extra for the iPhone 6 Plus, but it fits the 6s Plus just fine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    965.8 KB · Views: 536

milan64586

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2011
I want to buy Shumuri Slim for a new, iPhone 6S. I've contacted Shumuri, butt they told me that "at the moment" the case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S, are the same. Because I know iPhone 6 and 6S are not the same in term of dimensions, what do you think about this? Would this case fit perfectly for an iPhone 6S?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I took my own steps to remove the bulging part alongside the volume buttons, which were annoying me.. I simply cut them off, manicured the edges and it now looks like it was meant to be this way, with no issues.
Slim Extra for the iPhone 6 Plus, but it fits the 6s Plus just fine.
Nice cutting job - looks like it was made that way. Mine would look like a butcher job, I'm afraid.

conshok26

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I want to buy Shumuri Slim for a new, iPhone 6S. I've contacted Shumuri, butt they told me that "at the moment" the case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S, are the same. Because I know iPhone 6 and 6S are not the same in term of dimensions, what do you think about this? Would this case fit perfectly for an iPhone 6S?

I had issues with the piece that goes over the sleep wake button. It bubbles out slightly and is a little annoying. I contacted Shumuri and they are sending a replacement. If anything they have great customer service.

davpel24

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
I had issues with the piece that goes over the sleep wake button. It bubbles out slightly and is a little annoying. I contacted Shumuri and they are sending a replacement. If anything they have great customer service.

I had the same issue with the Shumuri case I bought on Amazon for the 6S Plus. Shumuri told me that the issue around the sleep/wake button was a defect in the case and instructed me to return it to the Amazon seller. I did so and bought a new one from Shumuri directly. Same exact problem. Clearly, despite Shumuri's claims to the contrary, these cases do NOT fit the new iPhones.

conshok26

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Received my replacement today and was extra careful putting it on. So far no bubbling over the sleep/wake button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.