Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nayazdragneel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2015
Hey everyone, am about to move from android to iphone and i need some help from you all. I will be describing what i want below and will be waiting for your suggestions. So here i go.

My android phone does not connect to my laptop for some reasons. So I installed an app called Super Backup and successfully backup my text messages, sent to my mail and downloaded in on my laptop, it came with a .xml extension. Now for my whatsapp content, i downloaded media, history etc via a wifi transfer app and have my Whatsapp folder on my laptop as well.

So my question is, how do i transfer those files that are on my laptop to my new iphone? my iphone does connect to my laptop but my android won't.
I found a software called BackupTrans but it requires both devices to connect to the same laptop.

So what are your ideas guys?

Thanks for reading through.

mattboner

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2014
You can't transfer whatsapp. Only messages. I used that app also before to transfer android to iPhone messages

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.