Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmxracer

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2014
Got it, works great and fairly quick. Its based off of the firefox app. Only annoyance is the scrolling speed, but small issues like that are to be expected in a beta.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
I prefer to have my buying, browsing, and data input monitored by Google. It ensures that I will be assimilated quickly and efficiently when the machines take over. :D

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ironically of course a lot of the services we all like to use like Gmail, calendar syncing and contacts, your non subscription play music, Google keep etc... All have to be funded, personally website advertisements do not bother me too much, a necessary inconvenience for the free services I receive.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Ironically of course a lot of the services we all like to use like Gmail, calendar syncing and contacts, your non subscription play music, Google keep etc... All have to be funded, personally website advertisements do not bother me too much, a necessary inconvenience for the free services I receive.

To be honest, I don't think a lot of people really care. Ads inconvenience them, so they do their best to get rid of them. Then as soon as sites die, they'll complain about it. I've come to realize this over the last couple of years at YouTube. :\

Edit: Or they'll use the argument that said sites should have found another way to fund themselves.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
To be honest, I don't think a lot of people really care. Ads inconvenience them, so they do their best to get rid of them. Then as soon as sites die, they'll complain about it. I've come to realize this over the last couple of years at YouTube. :\

Edit: Or they'll use the argument that said sites should have found another way to fund themselves.
Yep. It's the 'not my problem' attitude todays consumers have. The self entitlement culture of the Internet generation.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Yep. It's the 'not my problem' attitude todays consumers have. The self entitlement culture of the Internet generation.

The funny thing is that I get accused of liking ads. I don't think anyone here actually likes to see ads on the sides of their pages or before videos or anywhere. I do think, however, that some people realize it's the cost of free pages being a thing. And ads are way better than they used to be in the early days of the internet. >_>;

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.