Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CProject

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2015
Hello everyone,

Not sure how else to word this other than what is in the title. Whenever I turn on the computer a new virtual desktop opens up. I found this on accident, but I pressed Control and the Up Arrow keys and I saw that there were about 30 virtual desktops opened. I closed all but the two (one for each monitor) and went about my day.

A while later, something else happened that made me think to look and there were about six or seven Virtual Desktops open, some with old or the default wallpaper, but most with the same as my primary monitor. This only happens on the left monitor.

Why is this happening? How can I prevent this from happening? If you do not know what I am talking about press control and the up arrow and your screen will dim and a tiny box will open up and allow you to add more work spaces. Nice idea, and I used to use it on Linux but now I have two monitors that are more than enough. It seems that every time I boot an additional work space opens up and unless I manually remove it each time, in a few days there will be 10 - 30 of these things.

It's infuriating and I need it to stop.

Thank you in advanced for any help you provide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.