Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
Hi all,

I'm having a really hard time with Handoff answering calls on my Mac. When a call comes in and I try to answer on my Mac, it doesn't work, and says call failed. After it fails on my Mac and I try to answer the incoming call on my actual iPhone it fails there too. I end up having to call the person back with my iPhone. Now in trying to resolve this problem I've turned Handoff off in Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps and then turned it back on again, which works for a call or two, but then boom! Back to failing if I try to answer from my Mac. I don't seem to have any issues making calls from the Mac but receiving them is a crap shoot. Any ideas?

My Mac is running OS X 10.10.3 and I'm using a late 2013 MacBook Pro.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 10.52.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 10.52.29 AM.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 161

johnparjr

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Earth
By chance do you have T-mobile or sprint with wifi calling enabled if you do handoff doesn't work with wifi calls

SonicRiff

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015
Hi all,

I'm having a really hard time with Handoff answering calls on my Mac. When a call comes in and I try to answer on my Mac, it doesn't work, and says call failed. After it fails on my Mac and I try to answer the incoming call on my actual iPhone it fails there too. I end up having to call the person back with my iPhone. Now in trying to resolve this problem I've turned Handoff off in Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps and then turned it back on again, which works for a call or two, but then boom! Back to failing if I try to answer from my Mac. I don't seem to have any issues making calls from the Mac but receiving them is a crap shoot. Any ideas?

My Mac is running OS X 10.10.3 and I'm using a late 2013 MacBook Pro.
I am having the same issues.... anyone have a solution or reference?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.