Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Wondering, once I choose (from the menu bar) the nVidia Web Driver, should it still be set to that after a reboot?

I have a GTX 960 (non-flashed) that works on boot-up (Yosemite), but always defaults to "OS X Default Display Driver". I choose "nVidia Web Driver" and it selects it (although nothing really seems to change). I can look at the drop down and nVidia is still chosen, but after reboot, it's back to OS X Default Display driver.

One other thing, just got two Dell P2715Q 4K displays. Connected via Displayport to the GTX 960. In Yosemite, my maximum scaled choice is 3200x1800. Shouldn't there be a 3840x2160 choice?

Thanks.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Wondering, once I choose (from the menu bar) the nVidia Web Driver, should it still be set to that after a reboot?

I have a GTX 960 (non-flashed) that works on boot-up (Yosemite), but always defaults to "OS X Default Display Driver". I choose "nVidia Web Driver" and it selects it (although nothing really seems to change). I can look at the drop down and nVidia is still chosen, but after reboot, it's back to OS X Default Display driver.

One other thing, just got two Dell P2715Q 4K displays. Connected via Displayport to the GTX 960. In Yosemite, my maximum scaled choice is 3200x1800. Shouldn't there be a 3840x2160 choice?

Thanks.

If the card is working at all, yo are using Web Driver

I have seen that weird behavior where it says it isn't running but is.

May need to run 10.10.3 updater again and then re-install

You can't "scale" the top resolution.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Check the Cuda Preference Pane to see which driver is running.

Note: When the Nvidia driver is selected, you should be directed to reboot for the driver to be activated.

Lou

Attachments

• SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 390

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Check the Cuda Preference Pane to see which driver is running.

Note: When the Nvidia driver is selected, you should be directed to reboot for the driver to be activated.

Lou

Don't have CUDA loaded. I suppose I could, but not sure purpose it serves. This Mac Pro will mainly be for video and photo editing (Photoshop and FCPX).

Also, when I select the nVidia driver, it only prompts for password. No reboot. If I reselect OS X Default Display driver then it wants to reboot.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
If the card is working at all, yo are using Web Driver

I have seen that weird behavior where it says it isn't running but is.

May need to run 10.10.3 updater again and then re-install

You can't "scale" the top resolution.

By "10.10.3 updater" you mean OS X, correct? I just installed a new web driver this morning, and it didn't make a difference.

How do I select the display's native resolution (knowing everything will be too small, but I want to see it anyways)? If I don't choose "scaled" then the "Display default" option shows a retina-like display equivalent to 1920x1080.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Hold option when opening display preferences.

Or install Display Menu, great little app

I meant download and run the 10.10.3 combo update.

You could also type "nvram -p" in terminal and see if Nvda drive = 1 is a boot arg.

But a 960 will show nothing but black without web driver, so it must be running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.