Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
I'll be upgrading this fall from my 5S to a 6S or 6S Plus and am undecided about the size. I know the physicality of carrying it around is something only I can decide, but I remember reading here in the past that apps are not well-optimized for the 6 Plus, particularly third-party apps. I often see in reviews of popular apps people complaining that the app looks terrible on the Plus because it's just a weird zoomed-in version (or a lame letterboxed version) and doesn't take advantage of the Plus's higher resolution.

I'm really intrigued by the higher pixel-density on the Plus but don't think it would be worth it if most things aren't configured for it anyway. Any thoughts from Plus owners on the state of the Apps these days?

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I'm really intrigued by the higher pixel-density on the Plus but don't think it would be worth it if most things aren't configured for it anyway. Any thoughts from Plus owners on the state of the Apps these days?

Actually, a lot of apps have been updated to take advantage of the bigger displays; in fact I'd say 90-95% of the apps on my phone are updated for the bigger display. The only main ones I can think of are eBay and PayPal (since that company can never update an app on time).

Really, with the 6 Plus you aren't gonna get many features over the 6 but the bigger screen with the extra room for every app makes it worth it to me.

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Actually, a lot of apps have been updated to take advantage of the bigger displays; in fact I'd say 90-95% of the apps on my phone are updated for the bigger display. The only main ones I can think of are eBay and PayPal (since that company can never update an app on time).

Really, with the 6 Plus you aren't gonna get many features over the 6 but the bigger screen with the extra room for every app makes it worth it to me.

That is good to hear, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.