Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
So I had an iPhone 6 on 8.1.2. I had a jailbreak on it and loved being able to mod the phone so much. Sadly yesterday it wouldn't boot up, so I had to restore through iTunes and by doing so I was put on 8.3 losing my jailbreak :\

So I see iOS 8.4 is in the works, and I think it will be released soon. However I'd like to jailbreak my phone again whenever possible as I miss having Cydia around.

Do you think that a jailbreak will be released sometime soon or no?

techguy9

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2014
I have heard that hacker i0n1c has managed to tether jailbreak 8.4 so there is a possibility that it might be jailbroken soon.

idoccurt

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2006
So I had an iPhone 6 on 8.1.2. I had a jailbreak on it and loved being able to mod the phone so much. Sadly yesterday it wouldn't boot up, so I had to restore through iTunes and by doing so I was put on 8.3 losing my jailbreak :\

So I see iOS 8.4 is in the works, and I think it will be released soon. However I'd like to jailbreak my phone again whenever possible as I miss having Cydia around.

Do you think that a jailbreak will be released sometime soon or no?

Seems like you are always chasing a cure...is it worth it?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Well, he is a hacker, but will probably never release it ever, but it does show that 8.3 and 8.4 are jailbreakable.

He is a security expert....

All iOS versions are JBable, only few JB's are releasable though as many depend on Developer tools/rights.

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
New jailbreak will be released when iOS 8.4 comes out, trust me the wait is almost over :)
TaiG had time enough to prepare this one. And since some existing security bugs got fixed in 8.3, Apple even 'thanked' the TaiG Jailbreak Team explicitly for discovering those bugs, which will definitely lead to revenge.
Second, the Apple watch is out and the community is excited to see it work with jailbroken tweaks.
The iOS 8.4 jailbreak will be the last one before iOS 9, after that it will probably be 9.1 that will get jailbroken.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
New jailbreak will be released when iOS 8.4 comes out, trust me the wait is almost over :)
TaiG had time enough to prepare this one. And since some existing security bugs got fixed in 8.3, Apple even 'thanked' the TaiG Jailbreak Team explicitly for discovering those bugs, which will definitely lead to revenge.
Second, the Apple watch is out and the community is excited to see it work with jailbroken tweaks.
The iOS 8.4 jailbreak will be the last one before iOS 9, after that it will probably be 9.1 that will get jailbroken.

'Thanking' by Apple for finding security exploits is normal, all dev's who expose an exploit get mentioned in the security updates:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

Nothing new in that.

Time to prepare is an invalid argument, that assumes that a ready set of exploit exists which they can tailor to 8.4, that might be or might not be the case, nobody knows.
Some jailbreaks only came out months after the iOS release.

There might be a 8.4.1 or 8.4.x, who knows what bugs come up.

Sometimes dev's wait for a major release, sometimes they don't, there are many variables which only they know.

Some people are still anxiously waiting for a Apple TV JB, so don't hold your breath on Apple watch.

So basically your whole post is rambling a bit.

We can just patienly wait until they (or somebody else) release.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
I have heard that hacker i0n1c has managed to tether jailbreak 8.4 so there is a possibility that it might be jailbroken soon.

He won't release it, but oh well. The Chinese JB teams seem to be quicker than him anyway.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007

this is purely speculative.

i wasn't at all expecting 8.1.1 TaiG after 8.1 Pangu, but we got it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
In my view, it would be not to jailbreak the iPhone to avoid the leakage of data.
Are you saying - don't jailbreak?

I find that odd considering you post in a thread in a jailbreak forum dedicated to jailbreaking.

And if you believe that jailbreaking leaks data just because you jailbroke you have your facts wrong and maybe don't know much about jailbreaking.

That's a common fallacy among non-jailbreakers who buy everything Apple says or implies about jailbreaking. As if Apple wouldn't say almost anything to prevent you from removing their restrictions to allow you to use your device as you wish.

Care to try again? Or perhaps just mosey on over to the iPhone section itself where most of the anti-jailbreakers reside around here.

If you stick around here you'll find your anti-jailbreak message is not going to be very well received among us jailbreak enthusiasts.

Last edited:

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I have iOS 7.0.4 on iPhone 4S (yeah yeah I know I missed the bus of upgrading) and now my phone is not always stable. Random reboots and super slow response.
I was hoping to update to jailbreakable iOS 8.x.x but seems I am SOL for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.