Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michelepri

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rome, Paris, Berlin
Actually Microsoft doesn't even supply a decent email program with this new systems unless you buy Office. Apple at least gives you a very decent offline mail program. The problem is their iCloud mai, which is beyond broken, beyond, embarrassing, beyond stupidity and negligence at any level. So we are left with Apple Mail and Gmail or other serious mail providers.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Don't make me laugh.

Apple TRIED to buy Dropbox.

Want to know what their response was?

Starts with an F and then ends with a 'You'.

End of story.

Will never happen.

Just because Apple has money doesn't mean they should buy, buy, buy all the companies out.

Point of the story? The real business world does not work like you play on Monopoly.

Yes, that is known and if true Steve was kind of arrogant telling them they have nothing really to sell.

If there were no patents one could license or other objections, why not use their basic set up and go one up?

The original iDisk was a similar idea, but terribly executed.

A folder that resides on your Mac and the backup in the cloud.

No idea why Apple is so weak in services.

mac.com, then .me, ping LOL, iTunes/beats jury out, but I don't see it.

Mark.

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2011
London, UK
Do you ever hear about such issues with Google, with Dropbox, with Spotify, with Microsoft and others? Almost never. I use many different services many years, but it is ONLY Apple services that are regularly down, slow or otherwise affected.

Absolutely false.

Microsoft's cloud platform Azure has regularly gone down with issues.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Absolutely false.

Microsoft's cloud platform Azure has regularly gone down with issues.

Yes. Microsoft office 365 is also not so good. I often can see some of their service is in degrade status. But, I rarely see their services in interrupted status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.