Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrickvanzandt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
U.S.A.
Am I the only one who has noticed MacRumors.com has turned into AppleWatchTutorials.com? Apple's own documentation and videos are more than adequate (no surprise, they do a great job of this), not to mention their products are respected worldwide for being easy to use ("It just works").

I am disappointed and confused as to why MR is wasting front page space on "here's how to set up Apple Pay", etc.

As a daily reader of 11 years I find myself checking the site less and less, because all I ever see is how-to guides for Apple Watch and drama over which merchant is the latest to enable/disable NFC payments.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Am I the only one who has noticed MacRumors.com has turned into AppleWatchTutorials.com? Apple's own documentation and videos are more than adequate (no surprise, they do a great job of this), not to mention their products are respected worldwide for being easy to use ("It just works").

I am disappointed and confused as to why MR is wasting front page space on "here's how to set up Apple Pay", etc.

As a daily reader of 11 years I find myself checking the site less and less, because all I ever see is how-to guides for Apple Watch and drama over which merchant is the latest to enable/disable NFC payments.

I read the front page most days, but if a story doesn't interest me, I just scroll on by. I spend much longer in the forum threads discussion/reading the things that do interest me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There is something to be said about the How To articles perhaps having their own more apporipiate section and not really take over the home page news feed at times (in particular on the mobile version of the site).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.