Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kontrast

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2014
I've read the choppy UI issues that people have been experiencing, and to my knowledge there has been no fix for this as of yet.

However, I think that my macbook not only suffers from the graphical UI issues but it's just straight up slow a lot of the time. I am a heavy Chrome user with multiple tabs open, got a few other apps open at the same time as well, but it should still be enough for a brand new Macbook Pro.

Anything I can do to speed it up? I should note this is my first Mac ever.

Got 16GB of RAM and 256GB SSD as well!

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I've read the choppy UI issues that people have been experiencing, and to my knowledge there has been no fix for this as of yet.

However, I think that my macbook not only suffers from the graphical UI issues but it's just straight up slow a lot of the time. I am a heavy Chrome user with multiple tabs open, got a few other apps open at the same time as well, but it should still be enough for a brand new Macbook Pro.

Anything I can do to speed it up? I should note this is my first Mac ever.

Got 16GB of RAM and 256GB SSD as well!

Don't use Chrome, it's a poorly coded resource hog on OS X.

kontrast

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2014
Will do, thanks!

Any useful tricks I don't know about other than restarting your Mac to make it faster?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.