Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I have a pages document with three different fonts.

1.Snell Round hand

2.BigCaslon

3.Copperplate

When I send the document over to Windows, it doesn't keep these 3 fonts.

Is there anything I can install or an equivalent font I could use so it'll stay the same?

Regards

thejasonhowell

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2013
Peoria, Illinois
Have you tried putting the fonts onto a flash drive and putting them on Win7?

I have a pages document with three different fonts.

1.Snell Round hand

2.BigCaslon

3.Copperplate

When I send the document over to Windows, it doesn't keep these 3 fonts.

Is there anything I can install or an equivalent font I could use so it'll stay the same?

Regards

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Ah I see. That would be AWESOME. Will it be like a picture? Or like actually cut/copy/paste text?

Neither. Fonts are contained in their own file format - basically a container with the font information inside it. That link tells you where to go in each OS to get the fonts working on both OS X and Windows.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
It will be just like a normal font that you can use. Cut/copy/paste to your heart's content.

I see. Excellent. 2 questions please forgive my ignorance

1. Where do I export it? Like do I need to transfer the font somehow to windows?

2. If I export it, will I still have it on my Mac or will it be gone? I want to still be able to use that font in pages.

thejasonhowell

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2013
Peoria, Illinois
I see. Excellent. 2 questions please forgive my ignorance

1. Where do I export it? Like do I need to transfer the font somehow to windows?

2. If I export it, will I still have it on my Mac or will it be gone? I want to still be able to use that font in pages.

Easiest would be to an external drive, boot to Windows, and you can right click to install them.

Yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.