Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerglass007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
The delivery has gone around in circles

17943541640_bafa86d436_z.jpg

Last edited:

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
One time UPS said they lost my package in their warehouse. It was a Retina MacBook Pro. Took them 2 extra days to find it but I got it eventually, safe and sound.

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
Have Apple try to cancel the shipment and reship. A 5 day delay in shipping with a laptop (and via UPS Air) isn't okay.

Cuniac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Phoenix
OMG I'm so sorry that is ridiculous. But UPS sucks.

Here is a true story of a UPS apple disaster. Back in the 80s ordered a new Apple computer. Back then they used to ship the keyboard, monitor and computer in separate boxes. Placed the order and almost two weeks later the delivery guy is here with a box, one box, the keyboard. Called UPS and was told the warehouse was robbed.

After talking between them and Apple they re-sent the missing items and about two week after that first box I got another box, one box.. It was the monitor this time. And when I called them they said the same thing they said happened the first time..

Two weeks after that. finally got the computer... This actually happened.

Last edited:

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Thats terrible. Mine had a very random path China, Alaska, Kansas, Arkansa then nj. should arrive sometime today. Where you at ups guy?

I mean, that isn't "very random" at all. Alaska is a popular US entry point for shipments coming in from China/Korea/Japan, due to its obvious proximity. Then, Kansas and Askansas are both on their way into NJ. Apple paid for economy air shipping for these packages, so UPS is going to dictate the route it takes. If both A and B have a flight out to your location and B's flight is hours ahead, then the package will go A -> B -> Destination if it can. UPS also knows that any packages arriving after a certain point won't make it in that day's deliveries, so it can muddle around with schedules. Apple could have easily chosen something like overnight, where UPS would have had a lot less leeway in the routing. All UPS has to do is abide by a fairly generous shipping estimate.

zyr123

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
Deliverly of new rMBP 15" not going very well

I mean, that isn't "very random" at all. Alaska is a popular US entry point for shipments coming in from China/Korea/Japan, due to its obvious proximity. Then, Kansas and Askansas are both on their way into NJ. Apple paid for economy air shipping for these packages, so UPS is going to dictate the route it takes. If both A and B have a flight out to your location and B's flight is hours ahead, then the package will go A -> B -> Destination if it can. UPS also knows that any packages arriving after a certain point won't make it in that day's deliveries, so it can muddle around with schedules. Apple could have easily chosen something like overnight, where UPS would have had a lot less leeway in the routing. All UPS has to do is abide by a fairly generous shipping estimate.

I get what you mean. But why didn't they just send it right to Newark.

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
I get what you mean. But why didn't they just send it right to Newark.

Because they didn't have any flights going directly to Newark? If they only have 3 packages going to Newark, yet in Arkansas there's another 500 that are going there, they're not about to create a flight just for 3 packages when they can create one for 503.

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
OMG I'm so sorry that is ridiculous. But UPS sucks.

Here is a true story of a UPS apple disaster. Back in the 80s ordered a new Apple computer. Back then they used to ship the keyboard, monitor and computer in separate boxes. Placed the order and almost two weeks later the delivery guy is here with a box, one box, the keyboard. Called UPS and was told the warehouse was robbed.

After talking between them and Apple they re-sent the missing items and about two week after that first box I got another box, one box.. It was the monitor this time. And when I called them they said the same thing they said happened the first time..

Two weeks after that. finally got the computer... The actually happened.

Haha, oh man.
That is just awfull! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.