Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I haven't bought a game in almost a year as I utilize Gamefly but this may be worthy of a purchase as the reviews and feedback on the game has been incredible.

Anyone else pre-order or going to buy it?

Just way to many games to go through in my backlog.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I plan to pick it up Wednesday. I really liked Witcher 2 and, like you mentioned, this one looks even better from the reviews.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
It came with my new graphics card. I activated it on GOG, grabbed the predownload a few days back, and now I'm waiting for it to go live in 2 and a half hours. :D

I've never PC gamed as I know almost zero about building let alone maintenance and all that good stuff that comes with a PC build. But let me say I saw some footage of this on ultra or whatever the highest settings are on a 4K monitor and it was the best looking experience I had ever seen in a video game.

I am really missing the boat on this PC gaming stuff but I do not need another addiction or cost expense outside my current gaming and tech problems. :)

Renzatic

Suspended
I've never PC gamed as I know almost zero about building let alone maintenance and all that good stuff that comes with a PC build. But let me say I saw some footage of this on ultra or whatever the highest settings are on a 4K monitor and it was the best looking experience I had ever seen in a video game.

With the way everything else has been running, I think I might be able to do 60 FPS at 1080p with everything jacked up. I'll be finding out here in a bit. :D

I am really missing the boat on this PC gaming stuff but I do not need another addiction or cost expense outside my current gaming and tech problems. :)

I'd say I've done a pretty good job of pacing myself, considering I kept my old computer around for 8 years before finally upgrading. Still, it can be really addictive slapping more and more stuff into a computer once you get going. I'm already thinking about adding another watercooler, and a bit more ram into what I just got, but...

...no. Gotta abstain.

Though one thing I've discovered over the last couple of years is that you don't have to upgrade your computer nearly as much as you used to back in the day to keep up with the latest and greatest. Processors have become so fast, the only thing you might have to is pop in a new GPU every 2-3 years, and that's only if you're absolutely insistent on playing everything on ultra at high resolutions at all times.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
You make it sound to enticing to consider a jump. Stop!!

I have all 3 "next gen" consoles. If I came home and told my wife a plan to buy or have someone build me a gaming PC, I would be in major trouble lol.

I will say it looks so much better on a PC than the consoles I have seen thus far. I am excited to get to this one eventually.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I have it pre-loaded and waiting for the midnight mark. I'll be playing on the PS4. I was always interested in the Witcher and its mature themes but I'm not a PC gamer so I'm happy it finally came to consoles(PS4 really)

Bless

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Got it preordered on PS4. Can't wait! I haven't played the earlier ones but I'm all ready for a huge LOTR style adventure (and not a licensed game).

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
I curious about what people think about it on console...I'm always thinking about picking up a console and playing games that way, instead of buying a new GPU every couple of years.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I curious about what people think about it on console...I'm always thinking about picking up a console and playing games that way, instead of buying a new GPU every couple of years.

I'm playing on Xbox One and it looks great. The graphics won't be quite as detailed as the PC version of course, but it is far from horrible.

I just prefer the experience of laying back in a recliner and playing on my 60" TV over playing on a PC also.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
I'm playing on Xbox One and it looks great. The graphics won't be quite as detailed as the PC version of course, but it is far from horrible.

I just prefer the experience of laying back in a recliner and playing on my 60" TV over playing on a PC also.

We've been discussing it over at the Mac & PC Games, and we figure the differences on the PC are probably things you really wouldn't notice during most ordinary gameplay (but definitely looks cool in still shots on websites/magazines).

From a $$$ point of view, I'd rather get a new console every couple of years, than spend $$$$ updating my rig, then my gpu every couple of years.

Enjoy! The game is a blast!

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I'm loving this game, the main story and the side quest are so interesting and a change of pace from the fetch quest that open world rpgs usually are. The combat isn't as tight as Bloodborne but its still fun fighting..and it is brutal. I'm not to fond of the card game but it is what it is and hopefully I can get the hang of it.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.