Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applefanhater

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
Some PC brands, you'd be right. Nowadays, however, I find Macs last maybe 5 years before coming super-duper slow. Plus, if you get into the smallest accident, oops, you have to replace the whole car. You can't upgrade the engine, seats or anything either. Plus, oil & tires can only be replaced at Apple Stores or authorized dealerships, as Apple wouldn't make it self-serviceable.

I can't even check the transmission fluid in my own Ford Truck. How many of your cars have you done an engine swap on?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
You're running 2 years on an oil filter, you got problems. What a terrible comparison.

Owwww bless, you missed the point completely ! Humour lost on some eh.....

It's an excellent comparison demonstrating upgradabilty/maintaince of modern apple hardware , where everything is soldered onto the motherboard. Something breaks, you replace the whole unit.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
These two statements are at odds. Someone at Apple figured up that the iPhones sold last quarter would reach the ISS, but suddenly when it comes to the Apple Watch numbers aren't important at all because their focus is on making great products? OH OK THEN.

That being said I'm sure the numbers are ok, but he should have said instead that it will have to wait until quarterly conference calls or WWDC keynote or whatever. We realize all new market products start out slow.

They are deliberately being opaque about it because they had already said they didn't want to disclose sales data on the Apple Watch for competitive reasons. We'll get some idea in July when we see how "Other" sales compare to last quarter.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
More like, the apple car lasts 20 years, and the PC car keeps breaking down and the stealership down the street will charge you massive amounts of money replacing random things and not fixing the problem.

You do realise macs and PCs have the same hardware ? They are both PCs. The differences is OS X. Hate to break it to you, cars do not run on operating systems ;)

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
can't help but wonder what kind of effect native apps will have on the battery life...

Applefanhater

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
Owwww bless, you missed the point completely ! Humour lost on some eh.....

It's an excellent comparison demonstrating upgradabilty/maintaince of modern apple hardware , where everything is soldered onto the motherboard. Something breaks, you replace the whole unit.

No, I didn't miss it, it's stupid, bless your lack of awareness.

jomo25

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Native apps will be good. But I sincerely hope they enable 3rd party complications. And more watch faces supporting more flexibility regarding complications.

I,m convinced that complications are the killer feature, not just apps. Truly glanceable info on the watch face. That can be touched to open an app if desired.

Applefanhater

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
You do realise macs and PCs have the same hardware ? They are both PCs. The differences is OS X. Hate to break it to you, cars do not run on operating systems ;)

You do realize Macs are quality controlled, and everyone else is slapdash? The last 2 widows laptops I bought had keys pop off in a few weeks.

TXCherokee

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2012
These two statements are at odds. Someone at Apple figured up that the iPhones sold last quarter would reach the ISS, but suddenly when it comes to the Apple Watch numbers aren't important at all because their focus is on making great products? OH OK THEN.

That being said I'm sure the numbers are ok, but he should have said instead that it will have to wait until quarterly conference calls or WWDC keynote or whatever. We realize all new market products start out slow.

Glad I'm not the only one who went, "Wait a minute, didn't he just say...."

Ambush083

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
Hawaii
I wonder what was going through Apple's head when they deceided to NOT allow Native Apple Watch apps. If they eventually will, then why the small capacity of 8gb internal memory? This seems really lame.

I can almost hear the replies. What about Tim Cook's little soldiers! I know, I'll hang in there. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I wonder what was going through Apple's head when they deceided to NOT allow Native Apple Watch apps. If they eventually will, then why the small capacity of 8gb internal memory? This seems really lame.

I can almost hear the replies. What about Tim Cook's little soldiers?! :rolleyes:

They never decided not to allow them. Apple said last September native apps would eventually be coming to the Watch. It's more likely a matter of what software was ready to ship this spring.

Applefanhater

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
I actually prefer not to really have the native apps. I would be concerned about the heat the watch would produce when it's doing processing as opposed to handing off that to the phone. Granted I haven't gotten mine yet and my wife hasn't complained about heat, I'm just thinking of how hot my iphone gets.

JustThinkin'

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2014
Pants on Fire!

"I just want to take this moment to deny that Apple Watch sales are disappointing. The numbers don't matter."

Can we get a greater admission of guilt?

While sales are better than I expected, clearly Apple thinks they're failing.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
You do realize Macs are quality controlled, and everyone else is slapdash? The last 2 widows laptops I bought had keys pop off in a few weeks.

Omg !!! I have never heard someone complain about a new Mac product on Mac rumours.... Or had a product replaced 4-6 times! Yeah, that was sarcasm!

Jump into the notebook forums, our members seems to find faults in the QC process ;)

All companies suffer from products issues, apple just had the best CS to deal with these issues!

----------

"cars do not run on operating systems" - YET

He he .... Question will be, KITT or HAL

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
It's interesting to me that they haven't actually released any sales figures. Leads me to believe that maybe they aren't as rosy as Apple wants us to believe. If sales were blockbuster, then why wouldn't they brag about them like they do for the iPhone?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
No, I didn't miss it, it's stupid, bless your lack of awareness.

So tell me, what can I upgrade on a new apple retina laptop?

----------

An on topic, hope the apple watch sales continue once the pre-orders are filled. Retail store release will be interesting

iLunar

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2006
It's interesting to me that they haven't actually released any sales figures. Leads me to believe that maybe they aren't as rosy as Apple wants us to believe. If sales were blockbuster, then why wouldn't they brag about them like they do for the iPhone?

I think it's a matter of delivery. The sales are there, but Apple can't report them unless they've shipped the product, which they can't at the moment due to supply constraints and production issues.

I think we'll see a big number reported at WWDC next week.

Last edited:

Applefanhater

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
So tell me, what can I upgrade on a new apple retina laptop?

----------

An on topic, hope the apple watch sales continue once the pre-orders are filled. Retail store release will be interesting

What does that have to do with anything? The cartoon wasn't about upgrading, it was about repairing. A more apt description would have been the apple guy jsut calling apple and having his item taken care of while the OEM of the windows machine jumped through hoops to jerk him around.

What's the aftermarket like on Mercedes or BMW parts, and what percentage of their market is upgrading them? Like I said, My ford truck doesn't have a Transmission fluid dipstick already, the chassis and bearings on my last 2 trucks have been sealed for dealer service only, no grease fittings.

I am going to replace a laptop in a few years anyway, what are you upgrading in yours? My new windows machine I threw an SSD in but then I paid $900 for it, had I bought a 2k laptop I would be replacing it before anything needed upgraded. The retina pro is the only Macbook that can't be upgraded to my knowledge, and it's because the hard drives aren't available, previous ones could be, and the aftermarket ones will be out eventually. Oh, and what's the resale on the super upgradable windows machine? I got a few hundred dollars less than I paid for my wife's Air, I'd be lucky to get $100 for a similar windows machine.

You apple haters are as bad as the fanboys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.