Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I have a 23" HD Apple Cinema Display in box that I am trying to figure out what to do with. I removed its leg pre-emptively a long time ago so that I wouldn't break it, but darnit lost the screws. I was wondering if geeksquad purchases items in these conditions.

I have a bag full of adapters and the apple ADC to DVI adapter and everything. Craigslist yields no bites. What do you guys think?

foobarbazqux

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2014
If you're really looking to just get rid of it and aren't looking to get any money out of it, some (all?) Best Buy locations will recycle electronics without charging you a recycling fee. They'll even take old tube TVs up to 32". Their website lists locations that do this and what they'll take.

You might want to try ebay first though.

Last edited:

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I'd throw it up on the Marketplace here.

I think you'd likely get a bite on it...in fact I know that for a fact, as I know who would bite :)

(please PM me if you do list it).

PSCConMP

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2015
In my city, we have an organization called Byte Works (BWorks). They accept used computer components and build them into working desktops for kids who can't afford a computer otherwise. I give them all my used computer equipment. A check of your area may reveal a similar organization.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I have a 23" HD Apple Cinema Display in box that I am trying to figure out what to do with. I removed its leg pre-emptively a long time ago so that I wouldn't break it, but darnit lost the screws. I was wondering if geeksquad purchases items in these conditions.

I have a bag full of adapters and the apple ADC to DVI adapter and everything. Craigslist yields no bites. What do you guys think?

I would toss up a thread in the Marketplace. I can tell you right now that either bunnspecial, eyoungren (for the adapter), or I would be some of the first to PM you.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I would toss up a thread in the Marketplace. I can tell you right now that either bunnspecial, eyoungren (for the adapter), or I would be some of the first to PM you.

And I can tell you that Bunnspecial has it set up in his apartment at this very moment :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.