Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PendleMike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2015
I have around 30 pdfs on my Ipad Mini Retina with good quality photos but all of a sudden two that I transferred today now show much worse quality photos than those when I view them in acrobat on a MacBook Pro so I know the original pdfs are good quality before they are transferred to the Ipad Mini. The pdfs on the Ipad Mini that were already there are unaffected and still show the same good quality photos as always but the new ones have horrible colours and are unsharp etc. I have lots of space left on the Ipad Mini, 16.8gb btw. Can anyone suggest what is happening here please? All suggestions appreciated!

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I have around 30 pdfs on my Ipad Mini Retina with good quality photos but all of a sudden two that I transferred today now show much worse quality photos than those when I view them in acrobat on a MacBook Pro so I know the original pdfs are good quality before they are transferred to the Ipad Mini. The pdfs on the Ipad Mini that were already there are unaffected and still show the same good quality photos as always but the new ones have horrible colours and are unsharp etc. I have lots of space left on the Ipad Mini, 16.8gb btw. Can anyone suggest what is happening here please? All suggestions appreciated!

Are you viewing in the photos app? If so, check your settings in Photos & Camera and see if you are using the Optimise iPad Storage option instead of Download and Keep Originals. That could be it.

PendleMike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Are you viewing in the photos app? If so, check your settings in Photos & Camera and see if you are using the Optimise iPad Storage option instead of Download and Keep Originals. That could be it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm viewing the pdfs in Ibooks. It looks like when I transferred the pdfs from the MacBook Pro to the Ipad Mini for some reason the latter has compressed them maybe? I can't find any controls for viewing pdfs in settings anywhere.

PendleMike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm viewing the pdfs in Ibooks. It looks like when I transferred the pdfs from the MacBook Pro to the Ipad Mini for some reason the latter has compressed them maybe? I can't find any controls for viewing pdfs in settings anywhere.

Think I might have sussed it, some dipstick changed the pdf export settings in InDesign away from high quality print display. Sorry to waste your time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.