Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
UPDATE: If anyone wants to do this themselves, download this .zip I made! It should be easy to understand.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140737025/OS X Yosemite Theme - keremtezcan.zip
P.S. I think this works for ANY version of OS X. All you have to is make the dock 2D and change the icons, nothing needs to be installed!
However: In the link above, ignore Step 1, the system theme. That is Leopard ONLY. All that does is makes the buttons squared etc. like newer versions of OS X. There is no need to do this on newer versions of OS X, and it does not work with versions before 10.5.

Yes the title's a joke but check this out! :p

It didn't take very long either, if anyone wants to do this too, it's pretty simple.

Also, if anyone here knows how to change the menu bar (or anything else) to look Yosemite-esque, that would be great! Or even making the menu bar black would be good, because then it would match the dock.

Attachments

• LeopardYosemite.png
    LeopardYosemite.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 721
Last edited:

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I've been using the Yosemite wallpaper on my Quicksilver for a while because I really like it. I have that one on my Leopard install, and one of the alternate ones on my Tiger partition.

Good work on the icons, although I'm not in too big of a hurry to change them as I don't like the Yosemite ones :)

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I've been using the Yosemite wallpaper on my Quicksilver for a while because I really like it. I have that one on my Leopard install, and one of the alternate ones on my Tiger partition.

Good work on the icons, although I'm not in too big of a hurry to change them as I don't like the Yosemite ones :)

Me too, the Yosemite wallpaper is much better than the previous OS X wallpapers. (Or maybe I'm saying that because I've gotten bored of the space-themed wallpapers) :cool:

Even if you keep the old icons, I think the 2D dock with the borders removed looks better/more modern than the 3D dock! :D

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Wow! The dock looks better than I thought it would!
Here is a comparison between the real Yosemite dark theme dock (on my rMBP) and the Leopard 2D dock with the borders removed (on my Quad G5):

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-26%20at%2021.51.40.png

----------

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/20937369/

I'm very glad this is a joke. Because I work in Yosemite all day and truly despise it.

Now if you could make Yosemite on my Mac Pro here at work look like Leopard THAT would be a neat trick!

Thanks for the link! I was looking for a way to change the menubar colour but I couldn't find anything PPC/Leopard compatible! :)

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Wow! The dock looks better than I thought it would!
Here is a comparison between the real Yosemite dark theme dock (on my rMBP) and the Leopard 2D dock with the borders removed (on my Quad G5):

----------

Thanks for the link! I was looking for a way to change the menubar colour but I couldn't find anything PPC/Leopard compatible! :)
My dock on my Leopard Macs :D

Black OS X theme.

Attachments

• Finder.png
    Finder.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 234

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Woah, that does look cool :cool:
If you work it just right you can keep the indicators and make the background transparent. I believe you need to run Transparent Dock for that.

I haven't bothered lately though because the bottom edge of my wallpaper is black so that gives me the effect I am looking for anyway.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
If you work it just right you can keep the indicators and make the background transparent. I believe you need to run Transparent Dock for that.

I haven't bothered lately though because the bottom edge of my wallpaper is black so that gives me the effect I am looking for anyway.

Is there a way to make the black menubar transparent so that it matches the dock? If so, that would be the icing on the cake! :D

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Not that I know of. Making it transparent just turns it back to normal. I don't think there are any apps out there that have that function. Apple introduced it with Leopard and since it was part of the OS there was never any real need to try and mimic it.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I did try and do a total Yosemite theme but unfortunately I did not have a compatible computer. I do have a white Intel iMac running 10.6 now so I may see about starting that project back up.

elsa1

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2015
10.10 on power pc

hi there can you help me get this dock and other things like that on my mac os thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
All the instructions are in the post I linked to. Download the files, open the apps and use the apps to make the changes.

You mentioned in another thread that you were using Tiger. I have only ever used this stuff on Leopard so I can't guarantee that it will work for you.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
hi there can you help me get this dock and other things like that on my mac os thanks

Here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140737025/OS X Yosemite Theme - keremtezcan.zip
Follow those instructions - it's really easy. (I made this .zip in 10 mins but it should work fine!)

----------

All the instructions are in the post I linked to. Download the files, open the apps and use the apps to make the changes.

You mentioned in another thread that you were using Tiger. I have only ever used this stuff on Leopard so I can't guarantee that it will work for you.

I have updated the original post. Since I haven't actually installed anything, just entered a command in Terminal for the 2D dock, and changed the icons, this works with any version of OS X. :cool:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Here:
Follow those instructions - it's really easy. (I made this .zip in 10 mins but it should work fine!)

----------

I have updated the original post. Since I haven't actually installed anything, just entered a command in Terminal for the 2D dock, and changed the icons, this works with any version of OS X. :cool:
:eek::eek:

Ahhh. I guess it would have helped if I understood what the poster was after first. This was the tail end of our conversation about the menubar so I thought the poster was after what I had mentioned, not the topic of your thread.

My mistake.

elsa1

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2015
Here:

----------

ok thank you :)

----------

Ahhh. I guess it would have helped if I understood what the poster was after first. This was the tail end of our conversation about the menubar so I thought the poster was after what I had mentioned, not the topic of your thread.

My mistake.

yes i was using tiger i was thinking about upgrading to 10.5.8

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012

My mistake.

Haha, don't worry, I think the poster understood what you were trying to say! :apple:

----------

ok thank you :)

----------

yes i was using tiger i was thinking about upgrading to 10.5.8

Depends what Mac you have. :apple:

Single G4/G3 - Tiger
Dual G4/AlBook/G5 - Leopard
(recommended)

But the Yosemite dock + icons should work on Tiger.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I would be more than happy to make an AppleScript to change the Dock's design if people would like.

Special request here, would someone please shoot me a PM with a copy of the Leopard art files? My PowerPCs are running Tiger and my oldest Intel is running Snow Leopard. I am going to try and do this theme.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Yosemite On PowerPC - Illuminati Confirmed?

Illuminati Confirmed 2015- OS X was created by Steve Jobs, who was a very important member of Illuminati. When he died, Tim Cook, a new Illuminati member, took over IllumiApple. He continued the work of Steve and continued to brainwash everyone with IllumiApple products that way they would join Illuminati.

Here is what we found-
12439a1096e173701b57948af05d4d99.jpg

There is a total of 12 triangles in this photo, 12 divided by 4 equals 3. There are three sides to a triangle, so not only is Portal 3 and Half-Life 3 confirmed, this is Illuminati. Confirmed 2015

aea1437d9c1a5169c92d32e9ed770312.jpg

(X-Files theme starts playing...)

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky

Single G4/G3 - Tiger
(recommended)

My G4s are divided into two categories:

1. Those that are currently running Leopard

2. Those that haven't yet had Leopard installed(which is fairly involved on some of them, and just a matter of taking the time to do it on others).

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA

Single G4/G3 - Tiger
(recommended)

That's generally the rule I follow with my PPC Macs, although I have been thinking about trying Leopard on my eMac single 1.0.

To elaborate a bit though, some of the earlier dual G4s aren't officially supported by Leopard. It must be 867 MHz or higher.
There are ways of getting around this, and in fact if you really want you can run Leopard on almost any G4. Performance will vary of course.

----------

Back on topic: Good to see the short-nosed Finder icon living on :)

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I did try and do a total Yosemite theme but unfortunately I did not have a compatible computer. I do have a white Intel iMac running 10.6 now so I may see about starting that project back up.

If you need icons for a complete Yosemite theme, let me know. I still need to update my collection of them, I haven't since Yosemite was still in beta.

I even have one custom made for Classic mode, which obviously isn't included with Yosemite anymore. ;)

----------

I would be more than happy to make an AppleScript to change the Dock's design if people would like.

Special request here, would someone please shoot me a PM with a copy of the Leopard art files? My PowerPCs are running Tiger and my oldest Intel is running Snow Leopard. I am going to try and do this theme.

I can, if you still need it.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
If you need icons for a complete Yosemite theme, let me know. I still need to update my collection of them, I haven't since Yosemite was still in beta.

I even have one custom made for Classic mode, which obviously isn't included with Yosemite anymore. ;)

----------

I can, if you still need it.

This project is going to be done between gavinstubbs09 and I so we got the icons covered. If you could email me the art files that would be great!

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Illuminati Confirmed 2015- OS X was created by Steve Jobs, who was a very important member of Illuminati. When he died, Tim Cook, a new Illuminati member, took over IllumiApple. He continued the work of Steve and continued to brainwash everyone with IllumiApple products that way they would join Illuminati.

Here is what we found-

There is a total of 12 triangles in this photo, 12 divided by 4 equals 3. There are three sides to a triangle, so not only is Portal 3 and Half-Life 3 confirmed, this is Illuminati. Confirmed 2015

(X-Files theme starts playing...)

OMG I only just saw this!! :p
How many letters does USA have? 3.
How many letters are in the alphabet? 26.
Coincidence? I think not...
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

----------

This project is going to be done between gavinstubbs09 and I so we got the icons covered. If you could email me the art files that would be great!

I can send you the art files, but you'll need to tell me what they actually are first! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.