Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monicab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Hi guys,
I bought this Mac mini last year in september...so is still in the factory guarantee... It came with 8 GB memory installed.
Mac mini core i5, basic, running mavericks now, because my photoshp cs3 won't work with yosemite...can't upgrade just yet

Recently when I turn the computer on, and log in it gives the message " your computer shutdown because of a problem"... It is not happening every time, but most of the time now...From what I read this is a kernel panic...The most recent thing I installed was Screenflick trial software for screen capture. It seems screen flick installs the sound flower driver, I'm wondering if that is the problem.Maybe this driver is what is messing up things, but I don't know how to remove yet.

How do I find out if I have a hardware problem? Is there a sure way to find out???? I tried to start the computer in safe mode, but it took forever I gave up....

I must be doing something wrong...

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I would suggest you remove -both- the Screenflick and SoundFlower software for the moment.

Does anything change afterwards?

xsquid

macrumors regular
May 27, 2015
What kind of disk are you booting up on? I got that a lot using the 500gb spinner, when I changed to ssd they went away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.