Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjfjfjfj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
New York, NY
This is a multi-part question.

With the adoption of the new OS X Photos app I've had to rearrange my previous photo sharing process with my wife. In the old iPhoto we would import pictures from our real camera and iPhones all into iPhoto and then use iTunes to sync the events we wanted back with our phones.

In the new world, because my apple id is used on the mac, I'm taking advantage of the automatic syncing capabilities with the mac and my iPhone and everything is working fine. Because my wife uses her own apple id I still have to manually import the photos from her phone to the mac and then share back out everything from my iPhone and camera and her phone to her phone using iTunes (albums instead of events now). So that's not much different than before so no big deal although I wish Apple would realize that we want to be able to share photo libraries with multiple apple ids. Does that sound like the most efficient way to manage it? I thought of using the built in photo sharing capabilities in photos but it doesn't let you share entire albums if they have lots of pictures let along nearly an entire library so I don't think that's a solution.

Second question is that it appears when my wife 'favorites' a photo on her phone and then we import that picture and share it back out, it's not 'favorited' and placed in the favorites folder like the pictures are that I favorite. Any ideas there?

Thanks for any guidance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.