Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iwannaimac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Hi. When I go to 'mission control' at the top it displays hundreds of the same desktop page? How do I delete all of these pages so only a few remain. It is slowing down my mac significantly when changing desktop. Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 12.17.03.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 12.17.03.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 155

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Hi. When I go to 'mission control' at the top it displays hundreds of the same desktop page? How do I delete all of these pages so only a few remain. It is slowing down my mac significantly when changing desktop. Thank you

Try logging out of your user account and then logging back in.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
When you log out, uncheck the 'Reopen windows when logging back in'. That should not restore the session when you log back in,.

iwannaimac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
When you log out, uncheck the 'Reopen windows when logging back in'. That should not restore the session when you log back in,.

Hi. I just tried that and the multiple desktops still remain in my user. When i try the guest user account only 1 desktop is available.

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
Delete them manually - it will take a while, but they shouldn't reappear unless you create them all again.

iwannaimac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Delete them manually - it will take a while, but they shouldn't reappear unless you create them all again.

Hi. I tried that but it is extremely hard to even delete one desktop. As there are are more than 200 to click on 'x' to delete them is hard. The mouse is so sensitive when there are multiple desktops. Is there are way to delete them using terminal? Thanks :)

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Hi. I tried that but it is extremely hard to even delete one desktop. As there are are more than 200 to click on 'x' to delete them is hard. The mouse is so sensitive when there are multiple desktops. Is there are way to delete them using terminal? Thanks :)

If it were me, I would just reboot the computer at this point.

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011

What about holding down the Option key when you're in Mission Control?

Does that make it any easier to close them? It should make the Xs appear immediately - and stay displayed until you release the Option key.

iwannaimac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
What about holding down the Option key when you're in Mission Control?

Does that make it any easier to close them? It should make the Xs appear immediately - and stay displayed until you release the Option key.

THANKYOU SO MUCH! That enabled me to close the desktops very quickly! All sorted now :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.