Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rileyx2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Seeking price advice on an 11" 1.4Ghz/4GB/128GB MacBook Air (Early 2014, MD711LL/B, MacBookAir6,1). Unit is in good condition with no cosmetic defects and the battery is around 120 cycles. I have the box, original receipt and a sleeve for it. Note: Applecare is not included although the buyer would have at least a month to purchase it.

Would $625 for the lot sound like a bargain?

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
Seeking price advice on an 11" 1.4Ghz/4GB/128GB MacBook Air (Early 2014, MD711LL/B, MacBookAir6,1). Unit is in good condition with no cosmetic defects and the battery is around 120 cycles. I have the box, original receipt and a sleeve for it. Note: Applecare is not included although the buyer would have at least a month to purchase it.

I'd say $625 is a fair price, but not necessarily a bargain. The refurb store sells this model for $679 (plus tax). That's with a full 1 year warranty.

As a comparison, I picked up the 13" base model with Apple Care until Jan 2018 for $550. I think I got a stellar deal, but I would just caution you that $625 is probably the highest I'd recommend listing it for, and you should be prepared to go as low as $500 (if you're willing).

As always, check out eBay and look at their completed listings and see what prices others have sold for. Good luck!

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta

I think a fair price for it would be $550. I've sold many a mac on craigslist and when I do, I always marvel at how people try to sell their 1-3 year old mac laptops at close the price I could get a brand spanking new one, with full warrantly. Who on earth would buy a two year old used laptop instead of a new one just to save $75?!?
Now, I'm sure every once in a while, the seller gets lucky and finds that rare idiot who will buy for their price. But I notice most posts languish and then the seller reposts, with a lower price... then reposts again a while later, with an even lower price, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.