Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I have an iPhone 6+ with the Trentium 6L case on it and I'm still in search of a belt-clip holster that will hold the phone with the case on it. Pocket style, not clip style. And preferably one that is vertical and not horizontal.

Can anyone recommend me something?

Last edited:

kevo1011

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2010
I had a pelican voyager but switched to blade tech. It is the lightest case I have ever owned, but I like it so far.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=81

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks, but I'm looking for a pouch-style holster, not one where the phone clips in. I want it fully pocketed within the holster and not exposed on any sides.

I went to Wal-Mart last night and they had some pouch holsters, but none of them fit the iPhone 6+. It's weird because they were labeled as "for large smartphones" but yet they still aren't big enough.

I also just came across some Cellbee brand holsters which claim to fit the iPhone 6+ with large cases, but there are lots of reviews on Amazon that say otherwise. I don't get how companies like this can make these claims and then fail to live up to them.

Last edited:

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Surely someone can recommend something. I know there was a limited selection when the iPhone 6+ first came out, but I was hoping there would be lots of options by now.

I already bought a couple of duds on Amazon that claimed to fit the 6+ with a rugged case but the top was just a little too short and would not close down tight enough to stay closed.

mwhals

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I asked this question a while back and never did get any good recommendations.

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
I asked this question a while back and never did get any good recommendations.

There is a company called Story Leather that I'm currently doing business with. They will custom fabricate not just their styles, but modify them to better suit your needs.

I'm about a week away from receiving mine, coincidentally a holster case, but with the addition of a back case for my iPhone 6+ as well.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
So in case anyone else is still looking like I was, I might be able to help you out. I bit the bullet on 3 cases on Amazon made by a company called CellBee. They were each $10.99. One is horizontal, leather with magnet closure. One is vertical, leather with magnet closure. And one is horizontal, fabric with velcro closure.

My iphone 6+, with a New Trent Trentium 6L case on it, fits in all of them. The horizontal leather one is a bit tighter than the others, but still fits and is not really so tight that it would cause any damage or anything like that. There's a little cutout on the bottom of it which makes it easier to get the phone out because you can use your finger to push it out from the bottom. The phone slides easily out of the other two which I prefer.

The strip of velcro on the fabric one is fairly large, so it is kind of noisy when you open it, but I guess that's to be expected when using velcro.

Overall, I'm happy with the cases. I got all 3 because I didn't know which ones would fit and which ones wouldn't. I'm glad they all fit and it's nice being able to switch between them whenever I want a different style. At $10.99 each, you can't really go wrong either. Other similar cases are $40 each.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.