Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
Word is also that he's said he'd like to stay in the EPL, ideally at a London club, would be happy to take a pay cut, and with Chelsea needing a striker...

it would be awesome if he went to chelsea, once he lowers his price, everybody will want him

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
last thing I heard was 7 committee members arrested and waiting to be handed over to the US.
Euphoria may be an understatement.

Blatter will sit this one out. He's a real pro at that.

Fifa are basically always lying.

Sponsors will happily deal with Fifa as long as Football (and the WorldCup as the pinnacle) drews along billions of views from potential customers - discussing the latest hair-do of whoever is the flavor of the month player.

2018 - won't watch it because of Russia
2022 - won't watch it because of Qatar
Do you do it for your personal moral mind or as a sign? If the latter, they will not notice or do you have one of the boxes that records what you are watching? I don't have such a box, so I will be watching, since they won't notice anyway and my conscience will be ok with it (other than boycotting a certain store and not buying form them anymore).

------
To whom it concerns ;)
Switzerland's women did play very good today, they went 1:0 ahead in first half and in 5th min of the second half Germany went 1:2 and obviously the swiss were getting exhausted. It ended 1:3. (Very good result considering that Brazil, who is number 7 played 0:4 against Germany.)
This gives me hope that the group stages will not be totally boring with first time 24 teams from the beginning.

It was also quite confusing to see Germany play in ALL RED (from top to bottom) with black numbers and Switzerland in ALL white with red numbers. Looks interesting on Germany, though the idea might not be something completely new and revolutionary.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
Colombian striker, Carlos Bacca was the man of the match scoring 2 goals and a assist for Sevilla FC...they grab their 4th Europa League trophy, have a feeling next season a big club will be wanting him

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
l

Do you do it for your personal moral mind or as a sign?

Ehm, both.

Can't enjoy those while heavily complaining about the Fifa as well.
But it will be tough :D

Sign: of course they'd notice if large amounts of potential customers openly boycott that - don't need one of those boxes for that. Although I agree that this will be next to nothing since everybody wants to see it (circle closes). Doesn't really matter though imo.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
Ehm, both.

Can't enjoy those while heavily complaining about the Fifa as well.
But it will be tough :D

Sign: of course they'd notice if large amounts of potential customers openly boycott that - don't need one of those boxes for that. Although I agree that this will be next to nothing since everybody wants to see it (circle closes). Doesn't really matter though imo.
Yeah, but they don't know, if you are watching or not. In other words, they don't see that you are boycotting it, unless you have one of those boxes. One would have to go out on the street so they notice. Or not buy tickets, but that would probably hurt more the national clubs than the big cups, because for the cups you will always find people that will buy the ticket, instead of someone else.

Different topic:
I always thought that Daniel Craig looks more lika a KGB agent than James Bond and suddenly, when I scanned through a paper today, after having seen the relegation yesterday, I know why I thought this. His face looks similar to Olic's. :D

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
One of my visiting friends is from New Zealand, so I turned on the New Zealand vs Ukraine under 20 World Cup series match.

maxwelltech

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Irvine, CA, USA
Sepp Blatter wins 5th term as FIFA President. This was always going to happen.

Hope the US finds some incriminating evidence to bring down this evil organization once and for all.

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
The 2014-2015 Football Thread

COYG!

7-0 to the good guys.

On the other side of the world my brother took his sons to see Sydney play Spuds. Kane got the only goal. Luckily they're all too old to be seduced by the glamour of The Famous Tottenham Hotspur.

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
Well done to Arsenal. Looked a different beast today, Villa never looked like scoring. And credit to Wenger who got his selection and tactics spot on.

Villa have work to do, the first of which will be keeping Benteke. Wonder if Lerner will support Sherwood.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Great day, and for once we didn't do it the hard way.

Wembley! Wembley!

hi-res-e40206c6ec954f0478a2fa6edb952e22_crop_north.jpg

Bring on the women's World Cup and Copa America.

Reactions: pachyderm

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
None of the free-TV channels is showing the copa here. :( Would like to see Columbia after their exciting appearance at the WC and would like to see Suarez not takin a bite :)
did they do it by buying up their rivals best players like they do in the mens league?
Additional answer to my last answer to that:

Seems Bayern is planing something big for next women's season. Someone asked, if Bayern does it in the women's league like in the men's league (buying players from rivals). It seems to be quite the news bomb, that Bayern bought Vero Bouquette, a young, but versatile spanish striker (trained at Barca's school) from Frankfurt, that won the CL recently (F. 3rd in the league). Aside from that they bought scotish (national team) striker Lisa Evans from Potsdam (4th and for some years 1-3 places). She wasn't much benefit for Potsdam though and probably a "bench warmer" in Bayern, already has 7 strikers and 8 midfielders (maybe become a midfielder?). I already talked about the 3rd player they are taking out of Freiburg in a row, in the last "Bayern post"...
oscilatewildly: MSV Duisburg is btw. selling all but 6 players, due to going down to second league. They are rumored to let the 2nd team play, close the 1st and reinvest the money in the 1st team of the men's club, that just went up from 3rd league to 2nd league.

Last edited:

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
Bring on the Copa America.

thats what im saying. I even installed cable ahead of time so i can see the Copa america in my house and when my fav team plays, ill just go to a football bar and cheer, 11 days left for the first match and my fav team (colombia) plays on the 14th

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
Unbelievable, that Hamburg won the Relegation. To be fair, KSC wasn't fully convincing either. If Hamburg had a sense of honour they would give up their license to Freiburg. (yah, I know...).

Edit: did we just post at the same time, olup - or can I not see the very recent post in the new forum?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Everybody I know of rooted for Karlsruhe. Bit of a shame.

Wouldn't watch both of the matches as I was sure Hamburg would sneak back in once more.
Meh, wonder if they start talking about their international perspective soon again..

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
Maybe Hamburg will get a second Bayern, but in the other direction. everybody will hate it because they will stay forever in the 1st league only by luck always being one of the worst teams at the time. :)

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
wow didn't expect that so soon but his speech shows that he isn't quite the clear cut corrupt trickster the media painted him the last months/years. He still genuinely cares about the FIFA and it's future.
It's after all his life's work.

I suspect Platini's talk with him sunk in over the weekend that the FIFA needs a makeover. Blatter still can be an important asset for the FIFA in another other function.

edit: as seen on another forum: "first the pope, now blatter ... is king jong-un getting first doubts already ?"

Last edited:

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
Unbelievable, that Hamburg won the Relegation. To be fair, KSC wasn't fully convincing either. If Hamburg had a sense of honour they would give up their license to Freiburg. (yah, I know...).

Edit: did we just post at the same time, olup - or can I not see the very recent post in the new forum?

not sure, took me a while to find the post I wrote yesterday

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
Everybody I know of rooted for Karlsruhe. Bit of a shame.

Wouldn't watch both of the matches as I was sure Hamburg would sneak back in once more.
Meh, wonder if they start talking about their international perspective soon again..

the fans were certainly at a champions league level according to good old Rene. Only took roughly thirty minutes after the game was finished. :rolleyes:

Also I had hoped that we would be spared from seeing Lasogga's cramped up behind being treated by one of the medical staff.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
Yay!! finally, he quits!!! sepp blatter is one corrupt individual with a stone face, no buts or if's about it, he was the problem. so now that we know that blatter is super corrupt, i think fifa owes James the Golden ball that they gave to messi at the world cup and give back Yepe's goal when brazil and colombia played together ...The End.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
wow didn't expect that so soon but his speech shows that he isn't quite the clear cut corrupt trickster the media painted him the last months/years. He still genuinely cares about the FIFA and it's future.
It's after all his life's work.

I suspect Platini's talk with him sunk in over the weekend that the FIFA needs a makeover. Blatter still can be an important asset for the FIFA in another other function.

edit: as seen on another forum: "first the pope, now blatter ... is king jong-un getting first doubts already ?"
Do I not get the irony in your post? I find he didn't seem to have really comprehended what people where telling him and that he took insight into himself.

He seemed to more save his own butt. Actually he also wasn't really saying he quits or resigns. He just made that weird rhetoric construct of making path fore someone else, but not actually resigning, only holding new elections and not taking part in these. Furthermore letting someone be elected as the new president, but him being the one that is actually still in power. He does now want to make it look as if he is the prosecutor.

He also acts like (especially rich) people when caught that say "I don't understand what they want from me? I did nothing wrong. I am the victim. OH, sorry, I didn't know this was not allowed." (Like rich people actively doing tax fraud by taking several steps and then say, oh I didn't know that was against the law.

I am not being mean on you takao. :) I am just overreacting because of Blatter himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.