Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

queenjv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2015
Hi, I just opened a video from my iPhoto into Preview. I thought it was a photo, so I resized it, which I assume turned it into a jpeg, Although....it still has the movie icon and says it's a 30 sec. file in the thumbnail in iPhoto. Now, I can't play the video at all, and I can't move its location. I tried moving it to the desktop, because that's what someone suggested in a thread, but it won't allow me to. Is there any way to find this original movie file if it's now deleted from my phone as well?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Try Right/Ctrl clicking and choosing "Revert to Original" and see if that works.
Have you tried that in the main iPhoto window?

Try this. In your Pictures Folder, Right/Ctrl click on the iPhoto Library file and choose "View package contents". Find the Originals Folder and see if you can find your original movie clip. Don't mess around with other stuff in there, as you can seriously corrupt iPhoto if you are not careful.

queenjv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2015
Yeah, that was in the main iPhoto window. I'm not sure where a Pictures folder is, do you mean the "All Images" folder? I've searched through all my files, and can only find the iPhoto program, no other folders related to it, but maybe I just don't know how to get to it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.