Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diddiyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
central jersey
first of all: hello everyone :)

i will be going to the usa for an exchange year in august 06. therefore i want to sell my current pc (which i bought in october 05...) and buy a notebook. i've never been really interested in macs as i am more or less a gamer. but i think that's about to change, at least for the next 12 months ;)

But due to the fact i want a notebook which
a) has a long battery lifetime
b) doesn't crash every now and then and i might lose all my photos/videos i will take during my exchange year
c) i can take to classes on college
i am considering buying an ibook/macbook.

Of course I will wait for the new ibook/macbook to be released and see what i can afford.

My question is:
If i'm going to buy an ibook/macbook over here in germany, will i experience any difficulties regarding different electricity voltages between germany/usa? Like if the battery won't have as a long lifetimes as it would have with german electricity/voltage? Remember that it's a full year i will run the notebook on a different voltage, not just like a week or two.

Or the other way around:
I also considered buying an ibook/macbook in the usa because the euro is a bit higher than the dollar (and it hopefully won't change until august. ;) ) so i might safe a hundred euros or so. but again: what about the different voltages?

I'm looking forward to your replies :)

greetings
Diddiyo

blue_monkey

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2004
ich hab mein ibook auch in den USA gekauft und es funktioniert hier in deutschland ohne probleme! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.