Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxvamp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2002
Somewhere out there
All,

MacNN is reporting that MS will be offering a light version of their Windowing Technologies that will allow Windows Developers to write apps that run on Windows and Other OSs ( read Mac, and maybe Sun, but not Linux ).

I am not sure this is a good thing... The Mac Apps will be inferior, and I am am afraid that it will water down the uniqueness of the Mac Platform.

Then again, I am not happy with ( but understand ) the move to Intel.

Thoughts??

Max.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Windows Presentation Foundation/Everywhere is sort of like Microsoft's answer to Flash.

The company introduced Windows Presentation Foundation Everywhere, or WPF/E, software to build applications using Microsoft's XAML page layout language in conjunction with JavaScript.

Presentation Foundation Everywhere is a subset of the full user interface tooling available in Windows Presentation Foundation on Windows and, as such, will not enable the same graphical richness as Windows. End users will need to download a "run time" for running XAML code, which will be less than 1 megabyte.

Nothing to worry about. Other than, of course, MS farking up the web with stupid proprietary plugins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.