Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
My powerbook's screen has been wobbly from the day that I purchased it (about 2 years ago), but for the past ~9 months I've had this problem where the screen's pictures gets really "glitchy" when the screen or computer is moved. It's mostly horizontal lines starting from half-way and continuing downward. Usually I just shake the screen a little until they go away, but now there is a permanant horizonal line I can't seem to get rid of.

Now usually I would use Applecare and let them take care of it, but about a 3 months ago I got a small dent in the back of my laptop on the cover below the screen. This pretty much voids Applecare as they see the dent and blame all problems on it.

I'm farely certain the problem is the connection to the graphics card (feel free to correct me). My question is, how can I open the case and secure this connection? While I'm in there, perhaps I could fix the wobbly screen issue as well.

Thanks!

(also mods please move this if you think this thread is in the wrong forum)

(This is a 15" 1.67ghz)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.