Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applerocks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I was looking at the specs people guessed that the iBook with intel would have. They seem close to the MacBook Pro.

Obviously there are HD size differences, superdrive over combo drive, and that sort of stuff, but would Apple really put an iSight into an iBook?

I am just wondering, where are we going to see the key differences between the iBook and MBP?

Thanks!

applerocks

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
applerocks said:
I was looking at the specs people guessed that the iBook with intel would have. They seem close to the MacBook Pro.

Obviously there are HD size differences, superdrive over combo drive, and that sort of stuff, but would Apple really put an iSight into an iBook?

I am just wondering, where are we going to see the key differences between the iBook and MBP?

Thanks!

applerocks

No one really knows what will be in the new iBook, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has mac mini specs (both core solo and core duo). Adding a small screen to those specs will put it in the current iBook price range. Who knows though, it could be something completely different.

lonelemur90

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2006
New Jersey
The main difference will be the processor of course. if a dual core option is available, it will be the 1.67Ghz one that was slated to go inthe macbook pro originally. It will probably have front row, but im not sure about the iSight. since the macbook pro is aimed at professionals, it was meant for compact and portable video conferencing. meanwhile, the ibook/macnook is aimed at students and the family.So you can probably expect the macbook to be a little less "feature packed", including a smaller hdd, screen, no backlit keyboard(a feature that i happen to love) and no iSight.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
iBook is going to probably have the same speeds as the Intel Mac Mini. The iBook is mostly an educational/family-on the go-light use-computer. The MacBook Pro is for professionals, speed demons, and the people that can afford it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.