Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
My PowerBook seems to have developed a weird symptom where applying pressure in different areas, such as the palmrest, registers as a mouse click. Most of the time it will just click and hold down, so that menus appear and things get dragged around while I'm working.

It's very annoying anyone have this problem? Best way to attack it?

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
(FYI, I'm not familiar with System 7, esp. on a PowerBook). Do you have tap to click enabled? If so, maybe disabling it would fix the problem? Or is it a matter of the trackpad button itself being activated (either mechanically or due to an electrical problem)?

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
dpaanlka said:
weird symptom where applying pressure in different areas, such as the palmrest, registers as a mouse click.
It may be best to replace the trackpad/button completely.

I've had pretty good luck with parts from this place.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Tap click is disabled. This is happening if i squeeze the PowerBook's palmrest in certain ways, so I'm assuming that somehow the mouse button is registering a click.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
RacerX said:
It may be best to replace the trackpad/button completely.

I've had pretty good luck with parts from this place.

That site lists three things, the Trackpad, the Trackpad Cable/Actuator, and the Trackpad Button. Which might I try purchasing?

Whats an actuator?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.