Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucab1982

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
London, England
Right,

As soon as my exams finish I plan to buy a MacBook Pro, which will hopefully go Rev. B by then (June). In order to partly fund this project I have to sell or sell parts of my old DVI Titanium Powerbook 800mhz.

My question is, what would you do? 1. Sell the parts? Airport cards are going for around £80 here in the UK, 2. Sell the whole thing as a unit? I have a sneaky suspicion that by selling the bits and pieces it may be more hassle but reap higher profits.

The spec is as follows:
PowerBook G4 800Mhz DVI
1GB DDR RAM (144-pin DIMM) 2x512
80GB 5400RPM HD (upgraded)
Matsushita UJ-815 DVD-R/RAM/RW (multi-region firmware revision)
15.2" TFT LCD Screen (replaced March 2005)
Apple AirPort Card

Any advise would be most appreciated..

rastare1a

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2006
mine died so I'm selling the parts

I'm parting out my 1.33 PB G4 since it is likely the motherboard is fried. I don't really have a choice. It is much easier to sell the whole thing, but probably worth more if you part it out. It is also more work. That's the trade off. Personally I don't think the extra hassle of parting it out is worth the money. Just sell it and be happy with your new macbook pro.

Good luck

rastar

gman71882

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Houston, Tx
Well im already interested in the DVD drive... is it original to the system so its 3+ years old? or is it a newer one?

I had my superdrive replaced last Aug by Apple under warranty and it just went out 2 weeks after my Apple care warranty finished. :mad::mad: :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.