Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ok my macbook has had to be replaced. It was collected today and i've decided to get a refund and order a black one.

But what surprised me is that the estimated delivery time is only 3 days after shipping, a BIG difference to the 10 working days quoted when I was waiting for my white macbook.

So has apple changed carriers? It doesnt list at the moment who it will ship by.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Perhaps they were busy when the MB's were new, but since most people outthere already got an MB (ME!:D ), the pressure is off.

danired18

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2006
Inside a imac....
when i ordered my blac macbook with no upgrades.... it had already shipped in about eight hours...and was in georgia 2 days later...very very speedy shipping

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
What happened your macbook? (he asked because he was too lazy to search your post history :) )

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
TBi said:
What happened your macbook? (he asked because he was too lazy to search your post history :) )

It stopped reading ANY optical media altogether. Just spat them out, including the osX install disc.

Thankfully I was on my 14th day so apple said they would just replace, I asked to upgrade to the black as I no longer needed the extra memory in my orginal config (i bought more since) and so they said they would just refund me and let me order whatever I wanted :)

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
I'll stick with my white one, it goes well with my white desk. Have been using it in lid closed mode like the MBP. Because all the connectors are on one side with the drive on the opposite side it fits in perfectly. Much neater than my MBP. Should really update my signature (although i really like my bunny).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.