Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curlysworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
My House
Hi people,

Bit confused, tried everything, so posting here for help.

I am using latest version of iTunes on Tiger. I haven't connected my iPod yet.

When I following instructions I have on importing audiobooks on CD, they don't show up under the Audiobooks tab in iTunes.

I have merged tracks, imported, changed to bookmarkable files and changed file extensions to m4b. I have checked files and they are listed as Protected AAC files, and the bookmarking is working, yet they still don't show up as Audiobooks.

Any ideas. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Curly

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
curlysworld said:
Hi people,

Bit confused, tried everything, so posting here for help.

I am using latest version of iTunes on Tiger. I haven't connected my iPod yet.

When I following instructions I have on importing audiobooks on CD, they don't show up under the Audiobooks tab in iTunes.

I have merged tracks, imported, changed to bookmarkable files and changed file extensions to m4b. I have checked files and they are listed as Protected AAC files, and the bookmarking is working, yet they still don't show up as Audiobooks.

Any ideas. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Curly
Did you perhaps get the exclamaiton point and point the library to the new file? I find you have to remove them from the library and add the new M4B files for this to work.

B

curlysworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
My House
I am sure I tried that before, no exclamation points, they played fine in 'music' just not visible in 'audiobooks'.

Anyway, I tried deleting from library and adding again, and it works.

Most odd, but thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.