Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

**roxy**

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
please can someone help me?

i just recently had to take itunes off and put it back on again. Now i have done that the songs won't go on my computer because when i restore the 1.1 version of ipod software it says that the firmware file cannot be found. Can someone please help me and possibly give me advise on how to fix this. It has taken me ages just to get itunes back. Thank you.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
You can try iTunes->Check For updates... first.

What kind of iPod do you have? If it's an older one, there may still be a standalone updater around somewhere.

**roxy**

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
You can try iTunes->Check For updates... first.

What kind of iPod do you have? If it's an older one, there may still be a standalone updater around somewhere.

you mean the apple software update. i dont know where the itunes update is.

its an ipod nano :(

**roxy**

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
is there anything you suggest. is there anything i can do i mean i dont even know what it is. is there another board on here or somewhere i dont hav to register where someone can tell me what has gone wrong and how to put it on.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Here are the last standalone iPod updaters for Mac and for Windows. these will restore your nano to firmware v1.2

is there another board on here or somewhere i dont hav to register where someone can tell me what has gone wrong and how to put it on.
You could have received faster results if you had described your hardware and software adequately from the start. Paid support is available from Apple if you can't wait for free help.

**roxy**

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
its windows xp

nano ipod

its the firmware

thats all i know

sorry

no need to be like that.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Download the linked updater iMeowbot provided. Let us know what happens once you have downloaded and run that linked file.

There's no reason for you to go back to before 1.2. I also assume you have the latest iTunes version installed.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
its windows xp
Okay, the Windows link is in the previous posting. That contains the firmware for the nano with "chrome" back. If you actually have one of the rounded color models that just came out, it will be necessary to play with iTunes a little more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.