Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Wow. Just goes to show that if you know any piece of software well enough and have the talent you can do amazing things.

Very impressive.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
wow. just goes to show that it's not the equipment, it's the person. i couldn't make something half that good in PS CS9 ultra pro!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
So hands up who's bought that Nine Inch Nails song since watching this :)

*puts hand up*

Snark

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2003
Damn, makes you wonder why you pay $200 for the latest graphic software, huh? :)
Well, not really. :D

It's an impressive demonstration of getting a lot out of a little (And of having the patience to build a sandcastle with a teaspoon), but as illustrations go, it's passable, but hardly mind boggling.

I saw a documentary where Picasso drew pictures in a darkened room just using a pen flashlight; it's always been the person and not the software. With that very simple fact in hand, something way too many people seem to grasp, there's really not much of a surprise there. More skilled party trick than notable achievement.

Snark.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
wow. just goes to show that it's not the equipment, it's the person. i couldn't make something half that good in PS CS9 ultra pro!

All those extra minute details really brought it alive. How many of us would have got about half way through and thought they'd done a good job?

*puts hand up*

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
My jaw dropped. Such attention to detail!

I'm so jealous of people who can draw like that, especially with graphics programs. I wouldn't even be able to do that on paper... even if I traced over the original drawing :eek:

Ugly car though :D :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.