Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
That's really awesome...you worked on the new shrek movie?
I love the Chunk clip, great movie

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Very nice and fluid animation.

One thing I would be careful with, from what I can tell that game (Shrek 3) is not on the market yet, if it is not, I would hold back showing anything just yet. It's not a good idea to show work before your client does. In the movie making business that would be extremely bad, I'm sure it's not a good thing with games either. I have had to wait up to 2 years before showing some work, right now I have a number of projects that I will not show until summer 2007.

Again nice work!

maximile

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2003
Herefordshire, UK
That looks fantastic! I hope my showreel someday looks something like yours (though I'm veering away from character animation, I think).

Did you do the modelling on that guy as well?

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2001
Very nice and fluid animation.

One thing I would be careful with, from what I can tell that game (Shrek 3) is not on the market yet, if it is not, I would hold back showing anything just yet. It's not a good idea to show work before your client does.

Yeah, I hear ya. It's a long story, but I got permission.

For the Goonies clip, everything was done by me, and all of the scenes with that character in it. Concept, modeling, rigging, texturing, animating, lighting rendering, etc. The Shrek stuff was done by my colleagues at Shaba Games. I did some of the rigging on the faces

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
over all I think it's great, the clip at the beginning is very amusing and a great way to start it out.

One piece of critism though, why is the call to action so plain? It just seems out of place with all this really hig end 3D stuff and then just plain white text on a black background. Unless there's a specific reason for that format (eg industry standards) I'd give it some sort of graphic treatment.

Great work though.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2001
One piece of critism though, why is the call to action so plain? It just seems out of place with all this really hig end 3D stuff and then just plain white text on a black background. Unless there's a specific reason for that format (eg industry standards) I'd give it some sort of graphic treatment.

Yeah, thats an industry standard. In fact, if you animate your title card, the reel is thrown away. No one wants to see any time spent on it. Any time spent on presentation is time taken away from the work itself

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.