Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Well, I broke my iPod Video's screen tonight when I took a nasty fall, the earbuds smashed into the screen. (Go figure; The earbuds still work perfectly)

The iPod itself still works, but I was going to send it in to these people for service. Has anyone here ever sent thier iPod to them before? Are they good? Or should I take it to Apple?

Pics(Sorry for quality, took about 15 seconeds to take them.)

Attachments

• PC100004.jpg
    PC100004.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 54
  • PC100005.jpg
    PC100005.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 42

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
If you want to keep it simple, I would get a quote from iPod Mechanic as well as from Apple, and choose whoever offers the lower price.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
If you want to keep it simple, I would get a quote from iPod Mechanic as well as from Apple, and choose whoever offers the lower price.

Ya that's a good idea. I'm just wondering about thier quality. Like, I don't know if they'd half-a$$ the job, or if they would take great care in fixing it. And thats why I'm asking if anyone has dealt with the before, to see if I can get a few opinions.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I hope your ok from your fall....
That's really expensive... you might want to consider a refurb from apple- at least you it will work....

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I hope your ok from your fall....
That's really expensive... you might want to consider a refurb from apple- at least you it will work....

I twisted my ankle, but other then that I'm ok.

You're right. On one hand, I know for sure a refurb will work (At least for a little while) On the other hand, screen replacement: $119. Refurb: $179

I just got this iPod, (for christmas) and I'd really hate to see it got to waste.

I guess I'll get a quote from Apple, see how much they charge for a screen replacement, then make up my mind.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Try explaining it to a Genius bar, and maybe they'll be nice and let it slide.

The Genius I took my iBook to was very nice and actually got me a 30GB hard disk installed in place of the 20GB. Doesn't sound like much but it does make a difference.

That, and get a case for it.

http://www.techrestore.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17132&cat=283&page=1

TechRestore is MUCH better, and have great support too, as well as its only 89.99

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.