zoran
macrumors 68000

Is that all?

Apple TV
iPhone 1
iPhone 2
iPhone 3

This is not enough

Where are the announcements regarding the MacPros, the Displays n all?

Steve dont dissapoint us this time!
zoran is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:41 AM   #2
liketom
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to liketom
don't worry - there will be more in the coming weeks and months.
liketom is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:48 AM   #3
Moo-Boo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketom View Post
don't worry - there will be more in the coming weeks and months.
Gee, I hope so...I need something decent to save up for and look forward to. (Yes, I do need to get a life, but the Mac will do fine until I get one!)
1 Cranky Cat!
Moo-Boo is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:54 AM   #4
liketom
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to liketom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo-Boo View Post
Gee, I hope so...I need something decent to save up for and look forward to. (Yes, I do need to get a life, but the Mac will do fine until I get one!)
well for the year we might have :

iLife - Jan- March
10.5 Leopard March-June
Final Cut Studio update NAB April
Shake replacement NAB April
Aperture update NAB April
new iPods March & Sept
Mac Mini upgrade April
MacBook upgrade April
Mac Pro upgrade NAB April
MacBook Pro upgrade NAB April
Cinema Display upgrade NAB April

Last edited by liketom; Jan 10, 2007 at 05:29 AM.
liketom is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 05:25 AM   #5
zoran
macrumors 68000

Well i was waiting for a long time to see something come out and thought that MacWorld would be it, but i guess it wasnt worth waiting. They dissapointed us i guess. If they dont show us something now its not worth waiting until April or whenever they choose to show us.
Its now or never!
zoran is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 05:35 AM   #6
Moo-Boo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
Well i was waiting for a long time to see something come out and thought that MacWorld would be it, but i guess it wasnt worth waiting. They dissapointed us i guess. If they dont show us something now its not worth waiting until April or whenever they choose to show us.
Its now or never!
Yeah, I agree, that's way too long. Three months is a long time in this technocentric world. My goodness, even Vista's beginning to look almost nice!
1 Cranky Cat!
Moo-Boo is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 05:55 AM   #7
zoran
macrumors 68000

So what do u think guys in the next few days that are left of macworld is there any chance we might see some more new stuff coming up?
zoran is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 05:58 AM   #8
Moo-Boo
macrumors regular

Quote:

iLife - Jan- March
10.5 Leopard March-June
new iPods March & Sept
Mac Mini upgrade April
MacBook upgrade April
You certainly know your Apple products...I'm impressed! i have been humming and harring since May of 2006 when the MacBook was released. It's a beautiful looking product, and performs admirably on most tasks. But what brings me down and stops me from purchasing one (hence the retro hardware list on my signature) is the lack of discreet graphics card. I hope in April when the update does occur, they shove in a nice graphics card, 64MB would be just fine. I'm hoping that by then, my initial hang ups on the Intel chip will have dissipated.
1 Cranky Cat!
Moo-Boo is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:03 AM   #9
Moo-Boo
macrumors regular

Quote:
So what do u think guys in the next few days that are left of macworld is there any chance we might see some more new stuff coming up?
Stevie Baby always loves his big bangs, and he probably thought he got enough of that for his buck when he announced his iPhone. I would LOVE it if his "...one more thing..." did take place near the end of the expo. But I'm not confident. But that's not to say some fun stuff could hit us in the next few days. It's only the first day and you've gotta give the kids their money's worth. Perhaps Stevie Baby is a better showman than I give him credit for and he won't disappoint us...
1 Cranky Cat!
Moo-Boo is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:07 AM   #10
dllavaneras
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo-Boo View Post
My goodness, even Vista's beginning to look almost nice!
Someone give this member a new iMac, stat!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:29 AM   #11
Henri Gaudier
macrumors 6502a

What a pile of ******

"It's going to be big even by our standards!"

Apple are so adept at marketing they cant tell the truth anymore. It wasn't big it was completely disappointing. They should quit these annual circuses. It's only making it difficult for them to time new stuff for release to coincide with these megaflop conferences.

Well at least they didn't announce the ditching of Intel for Linux XXXX Ha!

50 inch monitors ... 8 core ..... bollocks.
Henri Gaudier is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:02 PM   #12
DamnDJ
macrumors regular

I still remember the pre-teaser slogans. "Way beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond".

Yah right.
DamnDJ is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:43 PM   #13
bbydon
macrumors 6502a

yeah probably next month will be the quad
then march all the software stuff.
april santa rosa chips
october will be the real widescreen ipod....
hmmm what else
january iphone nano?

just guessing though
bbydon is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:50 PM   #14
dazzer21
macrumors 6502

Did I misread the coverage or did SJ not say at the start something like "today we'll just be talking about the Mac"? Was that part of the script, 'cos looking at what happened afterwards, i would say not...
dazzer21 is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:51 PM   #15
failsafe1
macrumors 6502a

No that is not all. I don't have a crystal ball but the year is young. I was impressed with the stuff yesterday. I was glad we did not see a simple rehash of processor updates and iLife announcements. Leopard is on the way and all the innovation it will bring. Eight core processors are coming. Things are good.
failsafe1 is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:52 PM   #16
tilman
macrumors regular

Quote:
Very unlikely. Early in the keynote, Steve said that he won't talk about the Mac today, but there will be plenty of new things for the Mac in the next couple of months.
tilman is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:56 PM   #17
clintob
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to clintob
What is wrong with the people on this board??

I'm sorry, but you all need to get a grip. The announcement of the iPhone, as it was demoed, is one of the most impressive devices in the last decade. It's got nothing to do with marketing or hyperbole... it's simply an incredible device that is leaps and bounds better than anything out now or in the foreseeable future.

This is the iPod for PDAs. It's taken the best of everything out now, combined it, markedly improved the internet/mail capability, and of course added Apple's signature ease of use and "slick" factor to take the next step.

If you really expected them to water down this announcement by piling on new computer hardware, software updates, and all of the usual suspects you're crazy. The hardware was just updated a few months ago, and they've already given a preview of Leopard and said it will be out in the Spring. Relax people... you will get updates to hardware, software, and OS, and all within the next month or two. Stop being ridiculous.
Canon 30D, 70-200L IS f2.8, 17-40L f4, 50 f1.4
clintob is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:59 PM   #18
CellarDoor
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintob View Post

I'm sorry, but you all need to get a grip. The announcement of the iPhone, as it was demoed, is one of the most impressive devices in the last decade. It's got nothing to do with marketing or hyperbole... it's simply an incredible device that is leaps and bounds better than anything out now or in the foreseeable future.

This is the iPod for PDAs. It's taken the best of everything out now, combined it, markedly improved the internet/mail capability, and of course added Apple's signature ease of use and "slick" factor to take the next step.

If you really expected them to water down this announcement by piling on new computer hardware, software updates, and all of the usual suspects you're crazy. The hardware was just updated a few months ago, and they've already given a preview of Leopard and said it will be out in the Spring. Relax people... you will get updates to hardware, software, and OS, and all within the next month or two. Stop being ridiculous.
WORD!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 01:05 PM   #19
ready2switch
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Yes, but this was the MacWorld Keynote, not some random press event to unveil the iPhone. 2 hours and all we get is a tv box, a phone (albeit a really great phone), and a name change. I agree with Henri Gaudier. They should stop the pre-planned annual events and just do release events. 2 hours at a special invitation unveiling wouldn't have diminished the iPhone at all, but not talking about Macs at MacWorld does seem diminishing to me.
ready2switch is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 01:06 PM   #20
erova
macrumors member

Clintob and CellarDoor are spot on and conversations such as this really only prove that a lot of the people on this board are on the outer-reaches of the fringe market and out of touch with the business of Apple Inc.

let's see, this morning I've seen television stories -- not ads -- on CNet, NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN. I've read about the iphone in the WSJ and in today's Washington Post.

And if you guys have noticed, AAPL stock has surged since yesterday.

Tell me, o Apple devotees, could we expect such results if you guys got your displays and a Final Cut update that you all are clamoring for?

The big picture that we can now envison is a lot more intriguing for Apple as a company and us as technology consumers based on yesterday's news--far more so that a speed bump in another computer...

Let's keep in mind that AAPL stock has almost reliably tanked after every mac world when everyone on here is lusting after a few more GHZ out of their processors or a new color of ipod--the last two days should show just how out of touch some of us really are...
erova is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 01:11 PM   #21
ready2switch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by erova View Post
Clintob and CellarDoor are spot on and conversations such as this really only prove that a lot of the people on this board are on the outer-reaches of the fringe market and out of touch with the business of Apple Inc.

let's see, this morning I've seen television stories -- not ads -- on CNet, NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN. I've read about the iphone in the WSJ and in today's Washington Post.

And if you guys have noticed, AAPL stock has surged since yesterday.

Tell me, o Apple devotees, could we expect such results if you guys got your displays and a Final Cut update that you all are clamoring for?

The big picture that we can now envison is a lot more intriguing for Apple as a company and us as technology consumers based on yesterday's news--far more so that a speed bump in another computer...

Let's keep in mind that AAPL stock has almost reliably tanked after every mac world when everyone on here is lusting after a few more GHZ out of their processors or a new color of ipod--the last two days should show just how out of touch some of us really are...
Again, all things that still would have happened at a 2 hour special invitation only unveiling. People who seem (or are) disappointed are disappointed because the MacWorld Keynote had nothing to do with Macs.

Not to mention, nothing is even available yet.

Last edited by ready2switch; Jan 10, 2007 at 01:16 PM.
ready2switch is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 01:18 PM   #22
iMeowbot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer21 View Post
Did I misread the coverage or did SJ not say at the start something like "today we'll just be talking about the Mac"? Was that part of the script, 'cos looking at what happened afterwards, i would say not...
That was a misquote in the macrumorslive transcript. What he really said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh Steef
So, 2007 is going to be a great year for the Mac, but this is all we're going to talk about the Mac today, we're going to move on to some other things, and over the course of the next several months we're going to roll out some awesome stuff for the Mac. But for today, we're going to move on.
It's rambly and disjointed, but that's how he talks.
iMeowbot is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 02:07 PM   #23
Shagrat
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

iLife - Jan- March
10.5 Leopard March-June
new iPods March & Sept
Mac Mini upgrade April
MacBook upgrade April
And Logic 8????

A deafening silence re this!
Shagrat is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2007, 02:10 PM   #24
Shagrat
macrumors 6502a

last i can find re Logic here at Macrumors is...

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/...27192051.shtml

ie nothing since September...
Shagrat is offline   0
Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:44 AM   #25
zoran
macrumors 68000

Quote:

Whats wrong with us in this board? apparently the iphone isnt really what we all needed. Aparently we need more computers and not all in one devices, at least i dont care about the iphone, yeah its great but i dont need it. And u know what im tired of the "birth of needs" that all companies are supplying us. I only want a computer to do my job and thats a mac, not an iphone, my K730 sony ericson is enough for me.
zoran is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives