Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
How can i use my OSX address book from within entourage?

Or is there some freeware that can sync the Entourage address book with the OSX one?

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
iSync comes with OS X and is under the Applications folder. It will sync your Entourage contacts with Address Book. That's the only way to send contacts via Bluetooth (with the exception of emailing them).

Might sound a bit silly, but how do i do this?

to refresh, i'm trying to be able to use my OSX address book in Entourage, or at least be able to sync the two address books when i need to...

iSaint

macrumors 603
Entourage must be the one with the contacts. iSync syncs Address Book with Entourage.

However, I honestly can't tell you how I set it up. Open Entourage, Address Book, and iSync and see what happens. It may try to sync by itself. I'll keep looking and let you know what I find out.

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
How can i use my OSX address book from within entourage?
Or is there some freeware that can sync the Entourage address book with the OSX one?

If you're using Tiger and Entourage 11.2 or later, you can use OS X Sync Services to keep your Entourage address book in sync with Address Book. In Entourage, go to Entourage -> Preferences -> Sync Services, then select which items you want to sync. The first sync will take a few minutes, depending on how many items that need to be synced.

There's more information on the Entourage MVP website: Sync Services and Spotlight FAQs. (They bundled those FAQs together because we released Sync Service and Spotlight support in the same update.)

Regards,
Nadyne.

iSaint

macrumors 603
If you're using Tiger and Entourage 11.2 or later, you can use OS X Sync Services to keep your Entourage address book in sync with Address Book. In Entourage, go to Entourage -> Preferences -> Sync Services, then select which items you want to sync. The first sync will take a few minutes, depending on how many items that need to be synced.

There's more information on the Entourage MVP website: Sync Services and Spotlight FAQs. (They bundled those FAQs together because we released Sync Service and Spotlight support in the same update.)

Regards,
Nadyne.

You da man

or woman...!

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.