Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Tuaw reports that current plans for in-store Apple TV displays are set for March 5th.

Look for your local Apple retail store to have a nice, shiny new Apple TV display in their window on March 5th. The display will showcase the Apple TV hooked up to a very nice Sony Bravia (just like they did at Macworld), and will no doubt cause Apple TV lust to develop in the hearts of passers by.

This prompts speculation that March 5th could be the day for general availability of the Apple TV at Apple Stores... but Apple has maintained they are still expecting to release the Apple TV in February as announced.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
They will be shipping to online customers by the end of February, but in-store availability is targeted for early March. Based on what I've been seeing, that's been true for some time now (despite some confusion about the issue), so this is consistent with the expected timeframe.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I'm waiting for 2 things:

in store displays to see all the features in person, get some questions answered as well as see what early recipients have to say about functionality/limitations here on MR

and a new n equipped Mac in my home, preferrably with Leopard on it, to use with it.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
But it's not mundane..You will see.Trust me.Would I lie to you ? :p

Mundayne, as in mondays=mundane since Apple is always known for Tuesdays. That and mondays generally suck. Well not for me, but that is the stigma with following the weekend. Oh, I digress...

So what you're telling us is that you know something, but can't tell us what, other than the date and that you know. Or at least you want us to think you do.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Mundayne, as in mondays=mundane since Apple is always known for Tuesdays. That and mondays generally suck. Well not for me, but that is the stigma with following the weekend. Oh, I digress...

So what you're telling us is that you know something, but can't tell us what, other than the date and that you know. Or at least you want us to think you do.

Correct..hehe

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Given the report here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/281378/ that :apple:TVs are already sitting in boxes at Best Buy stores, this really makes me think that Apple is holding them back for one reason or another.

Perhaps simply so they can get iLife '07 and iTunes "7.1" (required for :apple:TV) out on 3/5 or 3/6. My guess is that we'll see iTunes 8 with other major new features.

B

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I don't need to see an :apple:TV in person. What I really want is the User Manual. I like to get all the details that way.

mrthieme

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2006
Great, now when I walk into my local Apple store I will smell the stench of rootkits. I hope the Apple TV's are wearing protection.

infz

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, they're in the Apple online store now, after this morning's update (that was concluded on these forums to just have been maintenance....) So were they there before??

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Great, now when I walk into my local Apple store I will smell the stench of rootkits. I hope the Apple TV's are wearing protection.

I really hope this was being sarcastic. You're talking about two completely different divisions of the same company that probably rarely if ever communicate between the two.

mrthieme

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2006
Yes sarcasm was intended, and I know Sony does make good TV's, but I have a hard time separating the hardware from the policies of the company.

MarcelV

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
Apple TV Delayed

Mid March according to Reuters. And posting crossed with Arn's update!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.