Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
I like the discrete apple powerbook? placement with Sarah Jessica Parker or is that some IBM laptop?

That's a "Manhatten" Powerbook G3 if I remember. She was writing her column on that thing in Sex in the City.

(I never watched that show, I swear, :p )

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Nice ad.

Out of interest, I noticed on the iPhone that the caller was 'John Appleseed'

Found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Appleseed

Coincidence?

Noticed that too, but didn't go as far as to wiki him. Good on you! I especially like Johnny's business plan..."The popular image of Johnny Appleseed had him spreading apple seeds randomly, everywhere he went. In fact, he planted nurseries rather than orchards, built fences around them to protect them from livestock, left the nurseries in the care of a neighbor who sold trees on shares, and returned every year or two to tend the nursery."

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
hmmm...
when will the graphics on apples site say att, and not cingular?
OT, but Melissa Ethridge was great. So was Al Gore. I hope An Inconvenient Truth wins something. Anyway, that was great motivation considering the fact that I'm sitting here right now outlining a research paper about Al Gore's environmental contributions!

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
iPhone was never mentioned. As it was undoubtably in production during the Cisco trademark thing it probably was smart to hedge their bets and not mention the name just in case. The world knows exactly what an iPhone is by now. The media frenzy is so huge even my parents know about it!:D

I thought this to be a brilliant piece of marketing: The phone isn't even out, and already it's such an icon, we don't need to say it's name.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
I like the discrete apple powerbook? placement with Sarah Jessica Parker or is that some IBM laptop?

That was a Mac from "Sex and the City". Sarah Jessica Parker's character, Carrie Bradshaw, was an columnist who specifically used a Mac laptop. =)

clonenode

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2002
Here is the list of actors in the commercial. I am only missing the "French Woman"... any help?

Lucille Ball
Jackie Gleason
Humphrey Bogart
Marlon Brando
Jerry Lewis
Marilyn Monroe
Clark Gable
Peter Sellers
Steve McQueen
Richard Dreyfuss
Burt Reynolds
Betty Rubble
Robert Redford
Michael J. Fox
Harrison Ford
John Cusack
French Woman
Kevin Spacey
William H. Macy
Dustin Hoffman
Will Ferrell
Sarah Jessica Parker
Jeff Bridges
Billy Crystal
Cameron Diaz
Samuel L. Jackson
John Travolta
Robert DeNiro
Ben Stiller
Michael Douglas
Mr. Incredible

chubad

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Frozen Wasteland
This site is amazing. I looked on a bunch of other sites and nothing. Here I have the HD 720 version and the mp4 version in less than an hour! Practically real time.
This is where the HARD CORE Macheads hang. :cool: :apple:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
"no comment"
I thought the ad was alright. I wish it showed more of the features.... me want one now.....

reallynotnick

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Thanks so much you guys! I did not even have to sit through the Oscars, not to mention I don't have HD, hell not even Digital.

I was trying to figure out why the HD one played with somewhat of a jump to it on my 2.0ghz G5 iMac, that's because it is 60fps! That is what I call some hardcore mac addicts, full res and framerate!

EDIT: Anyone mind re-encoding the HD one to 30fps? It is not like anything besides the phone rotating really is in 60fps anyways. Plus then you could either up the quality and/or save on bandwidth. Not to mention I could play it fine. (FFmpegX is hating me right now).

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
that means they have to update the one on the mac site to say AT&T now too right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.