Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Depends Greatly On The Weather
Ok,
I know this is a rant but I am wondering if anyone else here feels the same way. (Please note this is not just MR but other sites as well.

The rumors are getting quite repetitive for example this flash based laptops one I have heard so many times and it keeps getting repeated.

The most annoying one of all was the iPhone which kept coming up and what a relief when they finally announced it. And now the rumors about it coming out a month early etc...

Thanks for listening...

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
Maybe you should read less rumors and see the rumors when they become reality.

But the truth is that following Mac Rumors these days is a lot like watching Twin Peaks after the Laura Palmer mystery was solved ... it's still amusing, but the big mysteries have been solved.

Hardware upgrades happen based on the Intel roadmap. The only mystery is form factor and that's fairly predictable too.

Now the iPhone has been introduced ... the only mystery is when the iPod will get similar features.

Everyone expects iTV to get some kind of gaming ... how sophisticated and how soon?

On the software front, everything is at a mature stage. We know where iLife and iWork are headed. We'll get Leopard sometime in the next three months ... then 10.6 in 2009 ahead of the next Windows upgrade.

Back in the day when Apple needed miracles to survive and the company had to depend on boneheads at Motorola and IBM for hardware, it was all much more exciting. But now we've got what we wanted all along and we're bored with it ... a microcosm for modern life.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
when rumors get repeated very often i think it means they are plausible at least and sometimes they even come true. also when the rumors start to spike then sometimes a release is near. and lot's of people post their knowledge into those rumor threads and because they are repeated i don't miss a thing. that helps me make up my mind what i want to buy. :)

so all in all the rumors are good for me. if they really get that annoying just don't click on them!

damn you suneohair, no i'm stuck here forever!

leonk

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2007
yeah, flash based macbooks is a very annoying rumor- mostly because i just don't care.

Wouldn't one be able to take these flash based drives and just put it into a current generation machine?? The connector won't change (it's still SATA). So what's the big deal? How often do people shutdown their machines!?? I always put mine to sleep, and it comes back in less than a second already!

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
Wouldn't one be able to take these flash based drives and just put it into a current generation machine?? The connector won't change (it's still SATA). So what's the big deal? How often do people shutdown their machines!?? I always put mine to sleep, and it comes back in less than a second already!

No. Santa Rosa is a platform, the new platform that will support this. I don't think there is any evidence that suggests the current chipset will utilize these drives.

Sure you can stick the drive in, but if the chipset doesn't support it (robson caching) you just wasted your money, because I am sure those drives will have a slight premium.

Whether or not you need it, I dont know.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i hate rumors that are started by analysts' predictions. they're incredibly irksome, and i'm sure macrumors members can do much better than these guys. particularly annoying is that shaw wu guy and the most recent sub notebook rumor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.