Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
itunes has a feature(or so i think) that whenever a music is with now sound for X time, it skips to the next music. Well i just got some musics, that on certain moments, have that exact thing, at some minutes, it just goes "mude", but the music has around 8min! is it possible to override that feature itunes has? if yes how?
thx

Jan 30, 2006
songs, not music.;)

As far as I know there is not such a thing in iTunes. You can make iTunes reduce the volume at the end of the song, but iTunes does not detects parts of the song where there is no sound and consequently skip that song.

If the song is 8 minutes long, it would play the 8 minutes.

I think it is a problem with the song, not iTunes.

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
well that is odd, because i hear around two minutes of the song, and it suddenly changes to next one! and i am sure, that what i heard wasnt eight minutes!

AussieSusan

macrumors member
May 29, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
well that is odd, because i hear around two minutes of the song, and it suddenly changes to next one! and i am sure, that what i heard wasnt eight minutes!

I've seen this happen but it was due to a corrupted file.

You could try playing wth something else (an iPod or another MP3-type player) and see if that works. I suspect it won't based on my experience.

Susan

Angrist

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2005
MI or NJ
songs, not music.;)

As far as I know there is not such a thing in iTunes. You can make iTunes reduce the volume at the end of the song, but iTunes does not detects parts of the song where there is no sound and consequently skip that song.

If the song is 8 minutes long, it would play the 8 minutes.

Nope.

iTunes will let you set the beginning and end points of each file. Click a song, get info, options, set the start/end time.

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
well, i went there, and the time matched the one in the music, but now on another song, i saw it "jumping" to the end, when it still need 2 more minutes! i went lurknig a bit, and i saw this check box for "gapless album" i checked it, but nothing happened. do i need 2 check the stop time box? (i prolly do :p)

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
i hvae been listening to almost every music on the album, and when they get to about 1/3 they just skip to the next music :(

Jan 30, 2006
i hvae been listening to almost every music on the album, and when they get to about 1/3 they just skip to the next music :(

What kind of files are this songs? Do they come from an original CD? Or is it music recorded by a friend or yourself?

I really don't know what more can be happening. I suppose the rest of your music works OK? So it must be something wrong only with this songs.

Try importing them again. Import them in a different format (if you have them in AAC use MP3).

If you play them in a stereo do they also skip?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.