Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motulist

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
AwkwardTV

Bleah, what a terrible name! (no offense intended if it's a name you came up with) I know it's based on some technology, but most people aren't gonna get the reference to that technology and they aren't gonna get that it's also a reference to ATV.

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
Bleah, what a terrible name! (no offense intended if it's a name you came up with) I know it's based on some technology, but most people aren't gonna get the reference to that technology and they aren't gonna get that it's also a reference to ATV.

Not my name... nor did I create the concept, but yes... the site actually has technical information. Fancy that! :confused:

But, err.. you do 'member the SomethingAwful forum?

Where the atv hacking actually began? :confused:

Hacking just ain't pretty, I suppose...

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada

You have reached server: meteor.xssl.net

Login Links:
Reseller Administrator: Login
Site Administrator: Login
User Administrator: Login
phpMyAdmin: Login

Seeing this page instead of your website?
Please contact support right away, your account has been disabled.

(emphasis mine)

IMHO the cause is probably the domain name more than anything. Apple has to protect their trademarks.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Appletvhacks has been around since Day 1. Welcome to 2 months ago. They didn't get shut down by Apple, they just run out of bandwidth all the time.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Appletvhacks has been around since Day 1. Welcome to 2 months ago. They didn't get shut down by Apple, they just run out of bandwidth all the time.

I also knew about appletvhacks.net from around the first week. However, that's quite a strong message to display when you run out of bandwidth. Makes it looks like the website is gone.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
I also knew about appletvhacks.net from around the first week. However, that's quite a strong message to display when you run out of bandwidth. Makes it looks like the website is gone.

Its the message that that hosting company uses when a site is suspended. Sites can be suspended for any number of reasons. If Hackint0sh is still around but atvhacks isn't, then I'll be darned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.