Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
My AppleTV is willing to play what has been put onto its disk through syncing, but rejects anything that doesn't fit in the syncing process, and won't play anything that isn't listed.

How can I stream from iTunes (or anything else) into my ATV and onto my TV? I must be doing something wrong.

KershMan

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2003
VA, USA
If you are using one computer, you will still need to go back to sources and connect to that computer's iTunes to stream content that hasn't been synced. The default is to play it off the hard drive.

So, open iTunes on your computer. Then select Menu on your remote until you get to the main screen. Select Sources. Then select your computer iTunes library instead of the AppleTV (the AppleTV is on top of the list, the iTunes libraries are below).

This should connect you to the actual library. If you are connecting to a new source, select add source and then put the PIN in the iTunes app on the second, third, etc. computer.

Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.