Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
My new house has a Sylvania TV from way back in the day. Model SRT2319. It does not have a remote control with it, although it apparently came with one. I want to use it for my 360 until I can afford a newer TV.

And there's the snag. Is it possible to switch input to the front inputs without having the remote control? :eek:

Thanks!

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
That button is on the remote, not the back of the TV.

I got a universal remote today, all it's buttons work EXCEPT the input button. Phh. So I found an OEM one on ebay, Hopefully that will work.

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
That button is on the remote, not the back of the TV.

I got a universal remote today, all it's buttons work EXCEPT the input button. Phh. So I found an OEM one on ebay, Hopefully that will work.

Have you tried a different code on the universal remote?

I HAVE NO IDEA

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2007
Sometimes you can hit 00 or 91 to change the inpot to the aux mode. if thats a possible solution....

who knows

maxtoniv

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2008
And there's the snag. Is it possible to switch input to the front inputs without having the remote control? :eek:

Thanks!

I inherited a Sylvania SRT2127S and have this exact same problem. I don't have the original remote and can't seem to get a universal remote to function at all.

Were you ever able to figure out a non-remote solution?

Did the OEM remote you ordered work out for you?

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
I inherited a Sylvania SRT2127S and have this exact same problem. I don't have the original remote and can't seem to get a universal remote to function at all.

Were you ever able to figure out a non-remote solution?

Did the OEM remote you ordered work out for you?

Holy thread revival batman!

Yes, the OEM remote worked perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.