Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattportner

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
I am going to purchase a Nintendo Wii soon and I was trying to figure out what games to buy. I am probably going to get three games to start.

Which three would you reccomend? (in order)

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
My favorites are Excite truck and Red steel! Also Zelda is a must have and you might want to get Guitar Hero 3 when it comes out for the Wii I'm not sure when that is though.

Red Steel
Zelda
Excite Truck

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Report(should be in console section)

Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Madden '07
The Godfather

Are all good games...Super Paper Mario isn't as good as I wanted, but still worth picking up IMO. Mario Party 8 is on my to buy list. Up coming games like Battle Revolution and Mario Strikers both look good. Manhunt(not sure of the launch for this, but its going to be great too) And Metriod Prime 3 in August will be amazing!

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
the stupid sound track and really unrealistic sound effects.
And the rest of the game is realistic? :p The great thing is that you just pop in a SD card with your favorite tunes and use that instead of the game soundtrack.

My "best" list:
Excite Truck
Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
And the rest of the game is realistic? :p The great thing is that you just pop in a SD card with your favorite tunes and use that instead of the game soundtrack.

My "best" list:
Excite Truck
Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Ok you got me there but the sound effects sound like a 10 year old boy making truck noise.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Excite Truck
Zelda
Metal Slug Anthology.

In that order. I haven't even heard an original track in Excite Truck. I had an SD card full of my top 10 MP3's back from my Pocket PC days and just stuck that in.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
i was disapointed with zelda anda have been for about 10years. Ocarina was the last greatest zelda. i am tired of people saying every zelda game that comes out is the best game because it says 'Zelda' Ninendo do make it into an rpg instead of this adventure bs, and give him a voice and a pair

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Zelda TP. Absolutely the best Zelda ever, if not ever. It is truly the best bestest adventure game. :)

Super Paper Mario.
Madden 07.

And because it's fun to game with friends;
Mario Party 8.

<]=)

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I'm about to throw my controller through the TV because of TP. Hands down it's a fantastic game...I've been putting in about 4-6 hours a day on it (so much for my playing games that weren't so time consuming) but the controls peeve me to no end. There are really simple puzzles that are made slightly difficult only because the stupid camera and the analog stick. But definitely get it.

Then Super Paper Mario.

Other than those two for me the more "must buy" games have been cube games. There are games I'm interested to play for the Wii but some of the cube games I missed are getting priority due to strength of title and cost.

Paul

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Or get 4000 Wii points and buy-
Link to the Past
Mario World
Streets of Rage 2
R-Type 1
Ocarina of Time

And let peace be upon ye. If there ever was a "Best games ever" compilation album, these would be on it.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Zelda TP. Absolutely the best Zelda ever, if not ever. It is truly the best bestest adventure game. :)

Still prefer WindWaker :p

O(ff)T but Qi - It'll be interesting to see if all the nay-sayer of WindWaker's visual style will take to The Phantom Hourglass.

Back O(n)T

I'm still waiting for the truly killer Wii title yet. The best Wii game i've played is still Wii Sports.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Madden 07.
<]=)

At this point I'd wait until Madden 08, and some of the online features. I have 07 but didn't get the Wii until the football season was darn close to over so I didn't have much urge to play... If I ever get the time to finish Twilight Princess it might occupy some of my time, but the Wii time is a rarity these days.

I might also recommend Wii Play, if only for the extra Wiimote. It's not a bad set of games for the extra $10, although I'm not sure I'd pay more than $20 for the games themselves.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
my recommendations are for:

the legend of zelda: twilight princess
super paper mario

instead of getting a third game, i suggest putting that money into virtual console games. there's a great library of games out for it already: star fox 64, zelda: ocarina of time and link to the past, punch-out and lots more.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
i was disapointed with zelda anda have been for about 10years. Ocarina was the last greatest zelda. i am tired of people saying every zelda game that comes out is the best game because it says 'Zelda' Ninendo do make it into an rpg instead of this adventure bs, and give him a voice and a pair

Anyone who complains about Wind Waker is teh suck.

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
-Mario Strikers Charged (if you're in PAL-land like me, this is hands down the best Wii game so far)
-Legend of Zelda TP (very solid, the first Zelda game I've played);
-Warioware (brilliant party mini-games)
-Monkeyball Banana Blitz (best use of the tilt mechanism, plus loads of great minigames)
-Godfather Blackhand (great use of the controller - a good game if you like violent mission-based gaming)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I keep flipflopping between wanting Smash Football or waiting :( I only hear great things about it and it looks a whole world of fun.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Still prefer WindWaker :p

O(ff)T but Qi - It'll be interesting to see if all the nay-sayer of WindWaker's visual style will take to The Phantom Hourglass.

Back O(n)T

I'm still waiting for the truly killer Wii title yet. The best Wii game i've played is still Wii Sports.

I'm just waiting for the Wii version of Wind Waker and PH is on my big-time want list. WW is easilly one of my favorite games and visually it's the kind of game I like the best. I just wanted to say the bestest-best-best-stuff about ZTP, since that other peep was sick of others expressing their like of Zelda. :)

Buy MP8! :p

<]=)

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
I keep flipflopping between wanting Smash Football or waiting :( I only hear great things about it and it looks a whole world of fun.

I can't recommend it highly enough. There are just so many good players on there already that it's hard to do well online!

Corrosive vinyl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2006
LoZ: TP!!
Rayman raving rabbids hi-larious bunnies don't fly!
wii play! its $50 and you get a controller with it
Red Steel, if you like the shoot em up games

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.