Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hatcher146

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
north carolina
i dont know if anyone will really care about this, but others like myself will.

on apples iPhone tab on their website...the internet tab which shows a demo of "web" when you type in an address in the address bar in vertical mode...the page loads....and once the phone turns into horizontal mode the tab for entering anything in the address bar dissippears.

now with the new "how-to" commercial after entering something in the address bar in vertical mode and then going into horizontal mode the address bar is still there...so what does this lead to...

im guessing that the speculation of a horizontal keyboard will come true.

please dont leave any negative comments...just trying to pass some info along that i might have found...i might be wrong though. haha.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
That's possible and would be very cool - excellent for blogging and responding to threads on forums like MacRumors.

Daniel.steel

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2005
York UK
Found This

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 236

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
I really hope they do include considering texting/email IMO would be much faster. Good find on the pic, where did you get it?

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I wonder if its real or just someones dream. The great thing though, is that if it isn't added ... without enough complaints it can be added in a software update :D

lekun

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
Where? Jason Santa Maria's webpage, that's where.

The poster was a little vague, but this was a mockup done by Jason Santa Maria (a web developer) shortly after the keynote as sort of a proof of concept / plea for a horizontal layout.

It is not anything official.

Jason's Flickr stream

Jason's web post where he talks about said horizontal keyboard.

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California
The poster was a little vague, but this was a mockup done by Jason Santa Maria (a web developer) shortly after the keynote as sort of a proof of concept / plea for a horizontal layout.

It is not anything official.

Jason's Flickr stream

Jason's web post where he talks about said horizontal keyboard.

May I ask how this is a proof of concept? I saw a similar software back in 2004-2005 for Palm and WM pdas, that allowed you to type horizontally. Granted the keys where not as large since those did incude a tab, shift, ctrl and numbers on the thing. But yes it is so much easier to type that way, only thing would be the lack of a real feedback after pushing a key.

designimbus

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2007
I think the address bar has always been there. As soon as the page is scrolled down the address bar goes away in both orientations (seems to be connected to the top of the webpage). When previewed in the demo on the Apple site, the image is zoomed in and does not include the top portion of the page where the address bar resides. I think this feature has been there and will be there when it ships.

lekun

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
May I ask how this is a proof of concept?

You may.

I saw a similar software back in 2004-2005 for Palm and WM pdas,

Great, now only if we were on some sort of message board about Palm or WM PDAs that would make sense.

Proof of concept on the iPhone. "Mac Forums > Apple Hardware > iPhone" Context clues are our friends for deciphering meaning. :)

I kid; I kid.

In all seriousness I am just pointing out what the OP was a little vague about: This picture was mocked up by a hopeful-consumer, not some leaked or official image by Apple or screen capture from some commercial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.